Please welcome Keith Bennett as a Tika committer!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Please welcome Keith Bennett as a Tika committer!

Bertrand Delacretaz-2
Dear Tika community,

I'm pleased to announce that Keith Bennett (([hidden email]) has
been elected as a Tika committer by the Tika podling PMC and the
incubator PMC (as required by the incubator policies, both must vote,
see [1]).

The Tika PMC would like to mention that:

1) This is quicker than usual, because Tika is just beginning and
Keith happens to be here just at the right time to help us move Tika
forward. Becoming a committer will usually take longer!

2) Asking for committership is usually not the way to get it ;-)

Keith's steady stream of contributions in the last few weeks have more
than offset this initial faux pas, so we're happy to announce his
nomination!

Keith, if you accept the nomination, please let me know your preferred
username for your @apache account (see [2] for existing usernames).
Your CLA and email address are already on file, so that's all we need
to have your account created (but that will take a few days as account
requests are usually processed in batches).

Welcome, and feel free to let us know a bit more about yourself if you
like - this is not only about code.

-Bertrand

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
[2] http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please welcome Keith Bennett as a Tika committer!

Thilo Goetz
Keith,

congratulations, and welcome to Apache!

--Thilo

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Dear Tika community,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Keith Bennett (([hidden email]) has
> been elected as a Tika committer by the Tika podling PMC and the
> incubator PMC (as required by the incubator policies, both must vote,
> see [1]).
>
> The Tika PMC would like to mention that:
>
> 1) This is quicker than usual, because Tika is just beginning and
> Keith happens to be here just at the right time to help us move Tika
> forward. Becoming a committer will usually take longer!
>
> 2) Asking for committership is usually not the way to get it ;-)
>
> Keith's steady stream of contributions in the last few weeks have more
> than offset this initial faux pas, so we're happy to announce his
> nomination!
>
> Keith, if you accept the nomination, please let me know your preferred
> username for your @apache account (see [2] for existing usernames).
> Your CLA and email address are already on file, so that's all we need
> to have your account created (but that will take a few days as account
> requests are usually processed in batches).
>
> Welcome, and feel free to let us know a bit more about yourself if you
> like - this is not only about code.
>
> -Bertrand
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
> [2] http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please welcome Keith Bennett as a Tika committer!

chrismattmann
In reply to this post by Bertrand Delacretaz-2
Welcome Keith. Look forward to continued steady stream of high quality
contributions!

Cheers,
 Chris



On 10/7/07 11:12 PM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Tika community,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Keith Bennett (([hidden email]) has
> been elected as a Tika committer by the Tika podling PMC and the
> incubator PMC (as required by the incubator policies, both must vote,
> see [1]).
>
> The Tika PMC would like to mention that:
>
> 1) This is quicker than usual, because Tika is just beginning and
> Keith happens to be here just at the right time to help us move Tika
> forward. Becoming a committer will usually take longer!
>
> 2) Asking for committership is usually not the way to get it ;-)
>
> Keith's steady stream of contributions in the last few weeks have more
> than offset this initial faux pas, so we're happy to announce his
> nomination!
>
> Keith, if you accept the nomination, please let me know your preferred
> username for your @apache account (see [2] for existing usernames).
> Your CLA and email address are already on file, so that's all we need
> to have your account created (but that will take a few days as account
> requests are usually processed in batches).
>
> Welcome, and feel free to let us know a bit more about yourself if you
> like - this is not only about code.
>
> -Bertrand
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
> [2] http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html

______________________________________________
Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
[hidden email]
Cognizant Development Engineer
Early Detection Research Network Project

_________________________________________________
Jet Propulsion Laboratory            Pasadena, CA
Office: 171-266B                     Mailstop:  171-246
_______________________________________________________

Disclaimer:  The opinions presented within are my own and do not reflect
those of either NASA, JPL, or the California Institute of Technology.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please welcome Keith Bennett as a Tika committer!

Rida Benjelloun
Welcome Keith.
Rida

On 10/8/07, Chris Mattmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Welcome Keith. Look forward to continued steady stream of high quality
> contributions!
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
>
>
>
> On 10/7/07 11:12 PM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dear Tika community,
> >
> > I'm pleased to announce that Keith Bennett (([hidden email]) has
> > been elected as a Tika committer by the Tika podling PMC and the
> > incubator PMC (as required by the incubator policies, both must vote,
> > see [1]).
> >
> > The Tika PMC would like to mention that:
> >
> > 1) This is quicker than usual, because Tika is just beginning and
> > Keith happens to be here just at the right time to help us move Tika
> > forward. Becoming a committer will usually take longer!
> >
> > 2) Asking for committership is usually not the way to get it ;-)
> >
> > Keith's steady stream of contributions in the last few weeks have more
> > than offset this initial faux pas, so we're happy to announce his
> > nomination!
> >
> > Keith, if you accept the nomination, please let me know your preferred
> > username for your @apache account (see [2] for existing usernames).
> > Your CLA and email address are already on file, so that's all we need
> > to have your account created (but that will take a few days as account
> > requests are usually processed in batches).
> >
> > Welcome, and feel free to let us know a bit more about yourself if you
> > like - this is not only about code.
> >
> > -Bertrand
> >
> > [1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
> > [2] http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html
>
> ______________________________________________
> Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
> [hidden email]
> Cognizant Development Engineer
> Early Detection Research Network Project
>
> _________________________________________________
> Jet Propulsion Laboratory            Pasadena, CA
> Office: 171-266B                     Mailstop:  171-246
> _______________________________________________________
>
> Disclaimer:  The opinions presented within are my own and do not reflect
> those of either NASA, JPL, or the California Institute of Technology.
>
>
>


--
---------------------------------------------------------
Rida Benjelloun
Doculibre inc.
[hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 418-262-3222
Tel: 418-353-3390
Site Web : http://www.doculibre.com
---------------------------------------------------------
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please welcome Keith Bennett as a Tika committer!

Vish D.
Great news, keep up the good work Keith!!

On 10/8/07, Rida Benjelloun <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Welcome Keith.
> Rida
>
> On 10/8/07, Chris Mattmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Welcome Keith. Look forward to continued steady stream of high quality
> > contributions!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Chris
> >
> >
> >
> > On 10/7/07 11:12 PM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Tika community,
> > >
> > > I'm pleased to announce that Keith Bennett (([hidden email]) has
> > > been elected as a Tika committer by the Tika podling PMC and the
> > > incubator PMC (as required by the incubator policies, both must vote,
> > > see [1]).
> > >
> > > The Tika PMC would like to mention that:
> > >
> > > 1) This is quicker than usual, because Tika is just beginning and
> > > Keith happens to be here just at the right time to help us move Tika
> > > forward. Becoming a committer will usually take longer!
> > >
> > > 2) Asking for committership is usually not the way to get it ;-)
> > >
> > > Keith's steady stream of contributions in the last few weeks have more
> > > than offset this initial faux pas, so we're happy to announce his
> > > nomination!
> > >
> > > Keith, if you accept the nomination, please let me know your preferred
> > > username for your @apache account (see [2] for existing usernames).
> > > Your CLA and email address are already on file, so that's all we need
> > > to have your account created (but that will take a few days as account
> > > requests are usually processed in batches).
> > >
> > > Welcome, and feel free to let us know a bit more about yourself if you
> > > like - this is not only about code.
> > >
> > > -Bertrand
> > >
> > > [1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
> > > [2] http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html
> >
> > ______________________________________________
> > Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
> > [hidden email]
> > Cognizant Development Engineer
> > Early Detection Research Network Project
> >
> > _________________________________________________
> > Jet Propulsion Laboratory            Pasadena, CA
> > Office: 171-266B                     Mailstop:  171-246
> > _______________________________________________________
> >
> > Disclaimer:  The opinions presented within are my own and do not reflect
> > those of either NASA, JPL, or the California Institute of Technology.
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> ---------------------------------------------------------
> Rida Benjelloun
> Doculibre inc.
> [hidden email]
> [hidden email]
> Cel: 418-262-3222
> Tel: 418-353-3390
> Site Web : http://www.doculibre.com
> ---------------------------------------------------------
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please welcome Keith Bennett as a Tika committer!

Keith R. Bennett
In reply to this post by Bertrand Delacretaz-2
Dear Friends,

Thank you for electing me to be a committer to Tika.  I gratefully accept, and look forward to working together with you to advance Tika to a mature product that earns the wide use and respect of our peers and ourselves.  Given the quality of the participants here, and Jukka's expert leadership, I have no doubt that this will happen soon.

You all seem to work so well together, despite the diverse locations, time zones, and native languages.  Such crosscultural collaboration is a welcome respite from the competition and conflict of today's world; it is a reassuring reminder that we humans can work together productively and in harmony after all.  How ironic that we software engineers, reputed to lack social skills, have something so socially valuable to teach the world!

As recent events illustrate, I am not yet familiar with the subculture of open source collaboration. ;)  If someone could point me in the right direction (or guide me away from the wrong one ;) ), I'd appreciate it.

Bertrand invited me to say a little about myself.  I'm originally from New York City, and moved to the Washington DC area almost 20 years ago.  I've been programming since about 1981, the past few years of which were with Java.  I'm interested in finding newer and better tools for my work, and want to add Ruby and/or Groovy to my toolbox soon.  (It's not that I think Java should be replaced with either of them; however, I think there are many jobs for which Java is not the right tool.) Java Swing and software internationalization are previous areas of concentration for me.  I enjoy international travel and have spent time in Canada, Asia, Europe, and Africa, and Latin America.  I am interested in languages, and have studied some to varying degrees; in descending order of skill level, there is French, Swedish, Korean, and homeopathic quantities of Spanish, Japanese, Tagalog, and Thai.   I love music too, especially a cappella.  At some point in the future I hope to live and work outside the U.S. again, because I believe the diversity would give me a more balanced outlook and a richer life experience.

Again, thanks for your trust.  I look forward to meeting you all in person someday.  Feel free to contact me with any concerns, advice, or feedback.

Regards,
Keith

P.S. I'd like my id to be kbennett.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote
Dear Tika community,

I'm pleased to announce that Keith Bennett ((kbennett@bbsinc.biz) has
been elected as a Tika committer by the Tika podling PMC and the
incubator PMC (as required by the incubator policies, both must vote,
see [1]).

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
[2] http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please welcome Keith Bennett as a Tika committer!

Jukka Zitting
Hi,

On 10/9/07, Keith R. Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you for electing me to be a committer to Tika.  I gratefully accept,
> and look forward to working together with you to advance Tika to a mature
> product that earns the wide use and respect of our peers and ourselves.

Excellent, welcome to the team!

BR,

Jukka Zitting
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please welcome Keith Bennett as a Tika committer!

Bertrand Delacretaz-2
In reply to this post by Keith R. Bennett
On 10/9/07, Keith R. Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:

>... Thank you for electing me to be a committer to Tika.  I
gratefully accept,...

Cool! I have sent the account creation request.

And thanks for the introduction!

-Bertrand
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please welcome Keith Bennett as a Tika committer!

Bertrand Delacretaz-2
In reply to this post by Keith R. Bennett
On 10/9/07, Keith R. Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ...As recent events illustrate, I am not yet familiar with the subculture of
> open source collaboration. ;)  If someone could point me in the right
> direction (or guide me away from the wrong one ;) ), I'd appreciate it...

Here are some links to start with - you might not have access to
everything mentioned there until your account is created (usually
takes a few days as accounts requests are processed in batches):

  http://www.apache.org/dev/
  http://incubator.apache.org/guides/committer.html
  http://incubator.apache.org/

-Bertrand