Pointers on Messaging Server and Lucene.

Pointers on Messaging Server and Lucene.

DURGA DEEP
Hi Folks,

         we have started on a project ( evaluating ) using Lucene with
our Groupware services ( Messaging / Calendar and IM for now ). Are
there any good pointers or links, we can reference before we start our
evaluation. Any feed back would be of immense help...

Thanks you!
_d

Re: Pointers on Messaging Server and Lucene.

Grant Ingersoll-2
Can you explain more of what you are trying to do?  Lucene just works
with text, it is up to you to extract the text from whatever format it
is in.  That being said, you can try searching the archives of this
list as a starting point.  You might also check out Aperture (http://aperture.sourceforge.net
) for connectors/extractors.  I am pretty sure they have email and
calendar connectors, but I don't think they have IM.

-Grant

On Nov 5, 2007, at 1:54 AM, DURGA DEEP wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
>         we have started on a project ( evaluating ) using Lucene with
> our Groupware services ( Messaging / Calendar and IM for now ). Are
> there any good pointers or links, we can reference before we start our
> evaluation. Any feed back would be of immense help...
>
> Thanks you!
> _d

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com

Lucene Boot Camp Training:
ApacheCon Atlanta, Nov. 12, 2007.  Sign up now!  http://www.apachecon.com

Lucene Helpful Hints:

Re: Pointers on Messaging Server and Lucene.

DURGA DEEP
We have an e-mail server / Calendar Server / Address book etc. And we are
planning on to use Lucene for searching through the respective stores. I am
aware that I have convert every thing in to a format acceptable to Lucene.
But I would like to see if any one out there, has done this previously pros
/ cons (or) suggestions. The pointer provided is useful.

_Durga