PolyBase Hadoop/SQL Server Integration results/experience? Does it scale horizontally?

PolyBase Hadoop/SQL Server Integration results/experience? Does it scale horizontally?

Russell Jurney
Has anyone out there had good results with using PolyBase for accessing
Hadoop data from SQL Server? The idea of getting horizontal scaling of ETL
without having to replace lots of legacy T-SQL code is attractive, but also
sounds too good to be true.

I read this article, this is the sum of my knowledge about it, 'How to get
started with PolyBase in SQL Server 2016', and it seems like a pitch, so I
don't trust it.

I'm interested hearing if anyone has actually used this integration and
have you seen good horizontal scaling as one expects from Hadoop when using
Hadoop/Polybase tables with T-SQL code?

Thanks!
Russell Jurney twitter.com/rjurney [hidden email] relato.io

Re: PolyBase Hadoop/SQL Server Integration results/experience? Does it scale horizontally?

Russell Jurney
I've described our use case here on Microsoft's forums for SQL Server. I'm
hoping someone out there has used this technology:
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/1b019668-76ac-40aa-9bff-b83c832c822a/does-polybasehadoop-scale-horizontally-cant-find-a-single-report-from-a-satisfied-customer-?forum=sqldatawarehousing

Thanks!