Problem after update to solr 1.2

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem after update to solr 1.2

Karen Torres
Hello solr users,
I have a problem with solr 1.2, I'm using the filter
"ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory" to replaces accented characters by their
unaccented equivalent, because I need to index documents in Spanish, so
the documents aren't being indexed correctly, when I was using with solr
1.1 that it was working good.
I'm defining the connection like this:  
connection.setRequestProperty("Content-Type", "text/xml; charset=utf-8")
due to the changes in solrconfig.xml:  <requestHandler name="/update"
class="solr.XmlUpdateRequestHandler" />
I'm running under Tomcat.
Please, could somebody help me?, thanks in advanced.

--
Best Regards,

Karen Torres N.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem after update to solr 1.2

Chris Hostetter-3

: I have a problem with solr 1.2, I'm using the filter
: "ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory" to replaces accented characters by their
: unaccented equivalent, because I need to index documents in Spanish, so
: the documents aren't being indexed correctly, when I was using with solr

can you provide some more details and elaborate on what exactly the
problem is? ... "the documents aren't being indexed correctly" doesn't
give us a lot to go on.

some specific examples (of your input, your fieldtype configuration, the
output you see, etc...) can help us understand what your problem might be.




-Hoss

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem after update to solr 1.2

Karen Torres
In reply to this post by Karen Torres
Karen Torres escribió:

> Hello solr users,
> I have a problem with solr 1.2, I'm using the filter
> "ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory" to replaces accented characters by
> their unaccented equivalent, because I need to index documents in
> Spanish, so the documents aren't being indexed correctly, when I was
> using with solr 1.1 that it was working good.
> I'm defining the connection like this:  
> connection.setRequestProperty("Content-Type", "text/xml;
> charset=utf-8") due to the changes in solrconfig.xml:  <requestHandler
> name="/update" class="solr.XmlUpdateRequestHandler" />
> I'm running under Tomcat.
> Please, could somebody help me?, thanks in advanced.
>
I found the solution, I need to configure the url connection request
like this: "Content-Type", "text/xml; charset=ISO-8859-1" due to  
character encoding of the filter "ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory".

--
Best Regards,

Karen Torres N.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem after update to solr 1.2

Yonik Seeley-2
On 6/29/07, Karen Torres <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I found the solution, I need to configure the url connection request
> like this: "Content-Type", "text/xml; charset=ISO-8859-1" due to
> character encoding of the filter "ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory".

It should have nothing to do with ISOLatin1AccentFilter, since that
operates on Java characters independent of the encoding used in the
transfer to Solr.

Most likely the issue was due to the encoding specified in the
Content-Type not matching what was actually sent in the body.

-Yonik