Problem with Wild card search in solr

Ahemad Ali
Hello,I have a column with multiple whitespaces and special charecters (like \ ,- and _). Sample records would be like below."676  \sct0 \yu98 \uytrrdccv76\hgfds""6754-887-4458-123\yutr \ yff"I have posted the data into solr collection and trying to search data with wildcard.
Unable to do wild card search and not getting any result when I run multi wildcard search in solr UI.Can someone share your thoughts to overcome the data retrieval issues with wildcard?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Problem with Wild card search in solr

Ahemad Ali
Hi all,I tired creating schema with analyzer Ngramfilterfactory for the column with min 3 and Max 35 but getting while creation core saying _version_ must exist in schema.I am using solr 7.x and I have _version_ in schema but still I receive same error.
Any ideas or other approch to wildcard search for document with special charectors and whitespaces will be really great help..
Thanks,Ahemad
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 23:37, Ahemad Ali<[hidden email]> wrote:   Hello,I have a column with multiple whitespaces and special charecters (like \ ,- and _). Sample records would be like below."676  \sct0 \yu98 \uytrrdccv76\hgfds""6754-887-4458-123\yutr \ yff"I have posted the data into solr collection and trying to search data with wildcard.
Unable to do wild card search and not getting any result when I run multi wildcard search in solr UI.Can someone share your thoughts to overcome the data retrieval issues with wildcard?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Problem with Wild card search in solr

Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
Hi,

Are you able to provide the required settings in your schema and solrconfig?

Also, which Solr version are you using?

Regards,
Edwin

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 at 10:58, Ahemad Ali <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,I tired creating schema with analyzer Ngramfilterfactory for the
> column with min 3 and Max 35 but getting while creation core saying
> _version_ must exist in schema.I am using solr 7.x and I have _version_ in
> schema but still I receive same error.
> Any ideas or other approch to wildcard search for document with special
> charectors and whitespaces will be really great help..
> Thanks,Ahemad
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
>   On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 23:37, Ahemad Ali<[hidden email]>
> wrote:   Hello,I have a column with multiple whitespaces and special
> charecters (like \ ,- and _). Sample records would be like below."676
> \sct0 \yu98 \uytrrdccv76\hgfds""6754-887-4458-123\yutr \ yff"I have posted
> the data into solr collection and trying to search data with wildcard.
> Unable to do wild card search and not getting any result when I run multi
> wildcard search in solr UI.Can someone share your thoughts to overcome the
> data retrieval issues with wildcard?
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Problem with Wild card search in solr

Ahemad Ali
Hi,
Yes, I verified schema and settings. They appear to be good.I am using solr 7.4 version.
I see that solr creating schema on it's own when you don't supply schema. Finally I modified the schema generated by solr as needed with schema API( HTTP).
Thanks,Ahemad

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 9:59, Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo<[hidden email]> wrote:   Hi,