Proposal: Solr Security news-feed

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Hi,

I'm proposing to add security announcements RSS/Atom feed to the web site.

We're in the process of migrating our web site to Git and in that same
process we also change CMS from an ASF one to Pelican. The new site has
built-in support for news posts as individual files and also RSS feeds of
those. So I propose to add https://lucene.apache.org/solr/security.html
to the site, including a list of newest CVEs and an RSS/Atom feed to go
along with it. This way users have ONE place to visit to check security
announcements and they can monitor RSS to be alerted once we post a new
announcement.

We could also add RSS feeds for Lucene-core news and Solr-news sections
of course.

At the same time I propose that the news on the front-page lucene.apache.org
is replaced with widgets that show the title only of the last 3 announcements
from Lucene, Solr and PyLucene sub projects. That front page is waaay
too long :)

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: Proposal: Solr Security news-feed

Adrien Grand
+1 on all points

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 4:20 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm proposing to add security announcements RSS/Atom feed to the web site.
>
> We're in the process of migrating our web site to Git and in that same
> process we also change CMS from an ASF one to Pelican. The new site has
> built-in support for news posts as individual files and also RSS feeds of
> those. So I propose to add https://lucene.apache.org/solr/security.html
> to the site, including a list of newest CVEs and an RSS/Atom feed to go
> along with it. This way users have ONE place to visit to check security
> announcements and they can monitor RSS to be alerted once we post a new
> announcement.
>
> We could also add RSS feeds for Lucene-core news and Solr-news sections
> of course.
>
> At the same time I propose that the news on the front-page lucene.apache.org
> is replaced with widgets that show the title only of the last 3 announcements
> from Lucene, Solr and PyLucene sub projects. That front page is waaay
> too long :)

> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Adrien

Re: Proposal: Solr Security news-feed