Q: Searching - Use of field to increase score, without filtering

Q: Searching - Use of field to increase score, without filtering

Stephan Spat
Hello everybody!

I used Weka-classification to classify document into different classes.
In Lucene I saved the predicted classes (besides the document +
metadata) for these docs into a field called preclasses. Now I would
like to use this field to boost the score, if a userquery agree to the
value of this field. But I don't like to filter by this field, which
means: if a userquery for the field preclasses fits to the value of the
field, all documents (indenpentent from the value  of the field
preclasses) should be returned, but for documents where the value of the
preclasses field matches to the user-input should be used for boosting
the score (therefore I set the boostfactor of the field preclasses to a
higher value than 1).

In short: The field preclasses should be used as a booster and not as a
filter! Is this possible? And how?

Thanks a lot!

Stephan Spat

Re: Q: Searching - Use of field to increase score, without filtering

Chris Hostetter-3

This sounds very similar to this recent question...

http://www.nabble.com/newbie-scoring-question-tf2640109.html

..if i'm missunderstanding you, please clarify with a specific example.

: Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:04:05 +0100
: From: Stephan Spat <[hidden email]>
: To: [hidden email]
: Subject: Q: Searching - Use of field to increase score, without filtering
:
: Hello everybody!
:
[...]
: To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
: For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
: