Querying unique documents

Vijay Khurana-2
Hi
I have a field named threadid in my index and more than one document can
have same value for this field. The documents are considered duplicate if
they have same value for this field. In some scenarios I am required to get
only unique documents from my index. Can I achieve this through one solr
query? I am using DismaxRequestHandler and Solr 1.2.

Thanks,
Vijay

Re: Querying unique documents

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Vijay,

"I have a field named threadid in my index and more than one document can
have same value for this field. The documents are considered duplicate if
they have same value for this field."  -- that doesn't quite go together.  Solr will not allow duplicates (it will turn them into updates) unless you explicitly allow dups when indexing.

Otis