Question: Write to Solr but not via http, and still store date_format

Question: Write to Solr but not via http, and still store date_format

Peter S-4

Hi Solr team,

Has anyone been able to write to Solr, keeping things like 'date_format', but indexing directly, rather than via http?

I've been indexing using Lucene Java, and this works well and is very fast, except that any data indexed this way doesn't store date_format et al information (date.format resuts always return 0).

I like indexing directly into Lucene, rather than via http requests, as it is much faster, particularly at very high input rates.

Anyone encountered this and managed to solve it?

Many thanks,

peter

Got more than one Hotmail account? Save time by linking them together
 http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394591/direct/01/

Re: Question: Write to Solr but not via http, and still store date_format

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Are you looking for http://wiki.apache.org/solr/EmbeddedSolr ?

 Otis
--
Sematext -- http://sematext.com/ -- Solr - Lucene - Nutch

> Has anyone been able to write to Solr, keeping things like 'date_format', but
> indexing directly, rather than via http?
>

> I've been indexing using Lucene Java, and this works well and is very fast,
> except that any data indexed this way doesn't store date_format et al
> information (date.format resuts always return 0).
>
> I like indexing directly into Lucene, rather than via http requests, as it is
> much faster, particularly at very high input rates.
>

> Anyone encountered this and managed to solve it?
>

> Many thanks,
>
> peter

> Got more than one Hotmail account? Save time by linking them together

Answer: RE: Question: Write to Solr but not via http, and still store date_format

Peter S-4

Oops, of course the answer was staring me in the face!

   --> Use the EmbeddedSolrServer, rather than the CommonsHttpSolrServer.

Live and learn. Live. and learn.

Thanks,

Peter