Question about Luke

Kayak28
Hello, Community:

I am using Solr7.4.0 currently, and I was testing how Solr actually behaves when it has a corrupted index.
And I used Luke to fix the broken index from GUI.
I just came up with the following questions.
Is it possible to use the repair index tool from CLI? (in the case, Solr was on AWS for example.)
Is it different from checkIndex -exorcise option?
(As far as I recently leaned, checkIndex -exorcise will delete unreadable indices. )

If anyone gives me a reply, I would be very thankful.

Sincerely,
Kaya Ota

Re: Question about Luke

Tomoko Uchida
Hello,

> Is it different from checkIndex -exorcise option?
> (As far as I recently leaned, checkIndex -exorcise will delete unreadable indices. )

If you mean desktop app Luke, "Repair" is just a wrapper of
CheckIndex.exorciseIndex(). There is no difference between doing
"Repair" from Luke GUI and calling "CheckIndex -exorcise" from CLI.

2019年11月11日(月) 20:36 Kayak28 <[hidden email]>:

> Hello, Community:
>
> I am using Solr7.4.0 currently, and I was testing how Solr actually behaves when it has a corrupted index.
> And I used Luke to fix the broken index from GUI.
> I just came up with the following questions.
> Is it possible to use the repair index tool from CLI? (in the case, Solr was on AWS for example.)
> Is it different from checkIndex -exorcise option?
> (As far as I recently leaned, checkIndex -exorcise will delete unreadable indices. )
>
> If anyone gives me a reply, I would be very thankful.
>
> Sincerely,
> Kaya Ota

Re: Question about Luke

Kayak28
Hello, Ms. Tomoko Uchida:

Thank you for your response, and I apologize for the unclearness in my previous email.

Yes, "Luke" I mean is Luke GUI.

So, again thank you for answering my question.

Sincerely,
Kaya Ota

Hello,