Question about elevations

Andrew Luong
Hi, I have a quick question about elevations.
If i have a query with rows=10 and over 10 elevateIds, will solr only
lookup the elevateIds and not perform the normal search?

Thanks
Andrew

--
*P.S. We've launched a new blog to share the latest ideas and case studies
from our team. Check it out here: product.canva.com

Re: Question about elevations

Alessandro Benedetti
As far as I remember the answer is no.
You could take a deep look into the code, but as far as I remember the
elevated doc Ids must be in the index to be elevated.
Those ids will be added to the query built, a sort of query expansion server
side.
And then the search executed.

Cheers

-----
---------------
Alessandro Benedetti
Sease Ltd. - www.sease.io
---------------
Alessandro Benedetti
Sease Ltd. - www.sease.io

Re: Question about elevations

Edward Ribeiro
Just complementing Alessandro's answer:
1. the elevateIds are inserted into the query, server side (a query
expansion indeed);
2. the query is executed;
3. elevatedIds (if found) are popped up to the top of the search results
via boosting;

Edward

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 3:41 PM Alessandro Benedetti <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> As far as I remember the answer is no.
> You could take a deep look into the code, but as far as I remember the
> elevated doc Ids must be in the index to be elevated.
> Those ids will be added to the query built, a sort of query expansion
server

> side.
> And then the search executed.
>
> Cheers
>

> -----
> Alessandro Benedetti
> Search Consultant, R&D Software Engineer, Director
> Sease Ltd. - www.sease.io

Re: Question about elevations

Ray Niu
one more thing to add, if there are fqs, they will be evaluated as well.

Edward Ribeiro <[hidden email]> 于2018年11月19日周一 下午1:24写道: