Question about facet in solr

émile coué
Hi,

I am new in solr, and I use the SolrJ Client,
If I stores into solr doc1 is doc2 documents, having for the fields champX respectively the values valeurA, valeurB.
When I use facet on the champX field, it returned the following info:
value (2)
valeura (1)
valeurb (1)
a (1)
b (1)

Thing I want not, I would like :
valeura (1)
valeurb (1)

An explanation please

Re: Question about facet in solr

Erik Hatcher
My hunch is you want to set that to a "string" field so it is not
tokenized - whereas it looks like you have a tokenized field with
word delimiter and stemming.   I'm not sure how "value" got in there
(is this French stemming?).  With "string" type, case will be exact
in your facets, not all lowercased as you desired.

        Erik

On Mar 7, 2008, at 10:04 AM, émile coué wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am new in solr, and I use the SolrJ Client,
>
> If I stores into solr doc1 is doc2 documents, having for the fields
> champX
> respectively the values valeurA, valeurB.
>
> When I use facet on the champX field, it returned the following info:
>
> value (2)
>
> valeura (1)
>
> valeurb (1)
>
> a (1)
>
> b (1)
>
> Thing I want not, I would like :
>
> valeura (1)
>
> valeurb (1)
>
> An explanation please

Re: Question about facet in solr

émile coué
Hi,

Can you give me more explanation, what must I do, I'm new in solr?

Thanks

Erik Hatcher wrote
My hunch is you want to set that to a "string" field so it is not
tokenized - whereas it looks like you have a tokenized field with
word delimiter and stemming.   I'm not sure how "value" got in there
(is this French stemming?).  With "string" type, case will be exact
in your facets, not all lowercased as you desired.

        Erik

On Mar 7, 2008, at 10:04 AM, émile coué wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am new in solr, and I use the SolrJ Client,
>
> If I stores into solr doc1 is doc2 documents, having for the fields
> champX
> respectively the values valeurA, valeurB.
>
> When I use facet on the champX field, it returned the following info:
>
> value (2)
>
> valeura (1)
>
> valeurb (1)
>
> a (1)
>
> b (1)
>
> Thing I want not, I would like :
>
> valeura (1)
>
> valeurb (1)
>
> An explanation please

Re: Question about facet in solr

Erik Hatcher
In schema.xml, set champX to be "string" rather than, probably,
"text".  Reindex your docs.  Now how do your facets come out?

        Erik

On Mar 7, 2008, at 11:42 AM, émile coué wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you give me more explanation, what must I do, I'm new in solr?
>
> Thanks
>

> Erik Hatcher wrote:
>>
>> My hunch is you want to set that to a "string" field so it is not
>> tokenized - whereas it looks like you have a tokenized field with
>> word delimiter and stemming.   I'm not sure how "value" got in there
>> (is this French stemming?).  With "string" type, case will be exact
>> in your facets, not all lowercased as you desired.
>>
>> Erik
>>

>> On Mar 7, 2008, at 10:04 AM, émile coué wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> I am new in solr, and I use the SolrJ Client,
>>>
>>> If I stores into solr doc1 is doc2 documents, having for the fields
>>> champX
>>> respectively the values valeurA, valeurB.
>>>
>>> When I use facet on the champX field, it returned the following
>>> info:
>>>
>>> value (2)
>>>
>>> valeura (1)
>>>
>>> valeurb (1)
>>>
>>> a (1)
>>>
>>> b (1)
>>>
>>> Thing I want not, I would like :
>>>
>>> valeura (1)
>>>
>>> valeurb (1)
>>>
>>> An explanation please

Re: Question about facet in solr

émile coué
Erik Hatcher wrote
In schema.xml, set champX to be "string" rather than, probably,
"text". Reindex your docs. Now how do your facets come out?

Erik

Thank you very much, that's exactly what I want.