Question about the max num of solr node

Hongxu Ma
Hi community
I plan to set up a 128 host cluster: 2 solr nodes on each host.
But I have a little concern about whether solr can support so many nodes.

I searched on wiki and found:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLR/2019-11+Meeting+on+SolrCloud+and+project+health
"If you create thousands of collections, it’ll lock up and become inoperable.  Scott reported that If you boot up a 100+ node cluster, SolrCloud won’t get to a happy state; currently you need to start them gradually."

I wonder to know:
Beside the quoted items, does solr have known issues in a big cluster?
And does solr have a hard limit number of max node?

Thanks.

Re: Question about the max num of solr node

Jörn Franke
Why do you want to set up so many? What are your designs in terms of volumes / no of documents etc?