Questions about Solr Search

Gautam K
Dear Team,

Hope you all are doing well.

Can you please help with the following question? We are using Solr search in our Organisation and now checking whether Solr provides search capabilities like Google Enterprise search(Google Knowledge Graph Search).

1, Does Solr Search provide Voice Search like Google?
2. Does Solar Search provide NLP Search(Natural Language Processing)?
3. Does Solr have all the capabilities which Google Knowledge Graph provides like below?
  • Getting a ranked list of the most notable entities that match certain criteria.
  • Predictively completing entities in a search box.
  • Annotating/organizing content using the Knowledge Graph entities.

Your help will be appreciated highly.

Many thanks
Gautam Kanaujia
India

Re: Questions about Solr Search

Doug Turnbull
I think it's better to think of Solr as a piece of infrastructure or component for you to build these things, rather than a product that has a lot of capabilities for some specific use case.

So you can find 'lego pieces' to build some of these things, but with Solr you need to build these things yourself. You're trading off targeted feature you'll find in a search product vs depth of configurability and pluggability in open source search. With Solr you should expect a big engineering investment and getting to know the internals to use it most effectively.

On topics 2 & 3, you might be interested in AI Powered Search which has a strong NLP component http://aipoweredsearch.com

-Doug

--
Doug Turnbull | CTO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 240.476.9983
Author: Relevant Search; Contributor: AI Powered Search
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.

Re: Questions about Solr Search

Michael Wechner
Hi Gautam

Please find my answers inline below

Am 02.07.20 um 16:19 schrieb Gautam K:
Dear Team,

Hope you all are doing well.

Can you please help with the following question? We are using Solr search in our Organisation and now checking whether Solr provides search capabilities like Google Enterprise search(Google Knowledge Graph Search).

1, Does Solr Search provide Voice Search like Google?

I don't know whether Solr offers Voice Search out of the box, but generally Solr does not have to, because what you can always do is using some Speech2Text component and then feed the text into Solr.

AFAIK Android and iOS provide Speech2Text, see for example

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/speech/sfspeechrecognizer

Also see

https://voice.mozilla.org/en/about

2. Does Solar Search provide NLP Search(Natural Language Processing)?

You mean like recognizing intents? Or what exactly do you mean with NLP Search?

3. Does Solr have all the capabilities which Google Knowledge Graph provides like below?
  • Getting a ranked list of the most notable entities that match certain criteria.
  • Predictively completing entities in a search box.

You mean like BERT or GPT-3 (https://openai.com/blog/openai-api/)?

All the best

Michael

  • Annotating/organizing content using the Knowledge Graph entities.

Your help will be appreciated highly.

Many thanks
Gautam Kanaujia
India

***URGENT***Re: Questions about Solr Search

Gautam K
Since it's a bit of an urgent request so if could please help me on this by today it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Gautam Kanaujia

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 7:49 PM Gautam K <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Team,

Hope you all are doing well.

Can you please help with the following question? We are using Solr search in our Organisation and now checking whether Solr provides search capabilities like Google Enterprise search(Google Knowledge Graph Search).

1, Does Solr Search provide Voice Search like Google?
2. Does Solar Search provide NLP Search(Natural Language Processing)?
3. Does Solr have all the capabilities which Google Knowledge Graph provides like below?
  • Getting a ranked list of the most notable entities that match certain criteria.
  • Predictively completing entities in a search box.
  • Annotating/organizing content using the Knowledge Graph entities.

Your help will be appreciated highly.

Many thanks
Gautam Kanaujia
India

Re: ***URGENT***Re: Questions about Solr Search

Atri Sharma-3
Please do not cross post. I believe your questions were already answered?

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 3:08 PM Gautam K <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Since it's a bit of an urgent request so if could please help me on this by today it will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Gautam Kanaujia
>
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 7:49 PM Gautam K <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Team,
>>
>> Hope you all are doing well.
>>
>> Can you please help with the following question? We are using Solr search in our Organisation and now checking whether Solr provides search capabilities like Google Enterprise search(Google Knowledge Graph Search).
>>
>> 1, Does Solr Search provide Voice Search like Google?
>> 2. Does Solar Search provide NLP Search(Natural Language Processing)?
>> 3. Does Solr have all the capabilities which Google Knowledge Graph provides like below?
>>
>> Getting a ranked list of the most notable entities that match certain criteria.
>> Predictively completing entities in a search box.
>> Annotating/organizing content using the Knowledge Graph entities.
>>

>> Your help will be appreciated highly.
>>
>> Many thanks
>> Gautam Kanaujia
>> India