Ranking search results based on domain names

Ranking search results based on domain names

sudhendra seshachala
I have crawled, indexed and merged two separate domans. BTW, I was able to merge the two database without any problems. Of course I did use some scripts to do that, most from the archieves.

  Now when I search for based on key words, I am getting results specific to both the domains but I am not seeing an interesting mix and match. I would like to able to massage the ranking ..algorithm a bit.

  Any tit bits will be of great help.... please..

  I am sure some of the folks would have faced a similar situation..

  To explain my situation a bit,
  I first crawled "foo.com, then crawled zimple.com
  Both are merged to "mergedatabase".

  When I try to search on mergedatabase, the results from foo.com are dominant. I was wondering if there is a way to tweak the algorithm so that I get a interesting mix of results based on foo.com and zimple.com...

  Thanks

http://mail.yahoo.com