Re: 8.7 Release

Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate input on the

solrj logging tweak if anyone has a moment?

Thanks,
Christine

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: 8.7 Release

Also, we should try to respect the stuff we have put on the roadmap (Which includes me getting a patch up for SIP-9 much sooner rather than even a little later!)

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 5:18 PM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for the explanation Ishan.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 10:33 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Adrien,
I think I am mainly concerned about getting the configuration and modularity of this right before we release: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14588.
If we aren't able to resolve it, we should revert that feature.

There may be some other performance issues that may have been marked as blockers just to infuse a sense of urgency among those that need to fix it. But, I wouldn't consider them something that actually holds up a release.
Regards,
Ishan

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 1:56 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Noble, I'm curious what blockers you have in mind. I just checked JIRA, and while I see a number of 9.0 blockers, I'm not counting many 8.7 blockers?

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:13 AM Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
There are a lot of blockers for 8.7. It's good to plan in advance

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 7:11 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.
>
> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
> Regards,
> Ishan

Adrien

--
Adrien

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39
To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.
>
> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
> Regards,
> Ishan

Adrien

--
Adrien

Re: 8.7 Release

Gus Heck
Unless it somehow got lost in a spam filter somewhere, I don't think we have set a target date for the release yet? (roadmap says autumn 2020 which technically doesn't begin until the solstice on the 21st :) )

Hoping that I might still get the Advanced Query parser in first, but that's a much bigger prospect than these two tickets.

-Gus

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39
To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.
>
> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
> Regards,
> Ishan

Adrien

--
Adrien

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39
To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.
>
> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
> Regards,
> Ishan

Adrien

--