Re: 8.7 Release

12

Re: 8.7 Release

Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate input on the

solrj logging tweak if anyone has a moment?

Thanks,
Christine

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: 8.7 Release

Also, we should try to respect the stuff we have put on the roadmap (Which includes me getting a patch up for SIP-9 much sooner rather than even a little later!)

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 5:18 PM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for the explanation Ishan.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 10:33 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Adrien,
I think I am mainly concerned about getting the configuration and modularity of this right before we release: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14588.
If we aren't able to resolve it, we should revert that feature.

There may be some other performance issues that may have been marked as blockers just to infuse a sense of urgency among those that need to fix it. But, I wouldn't consider them something that actually holds up a release.
Regards,
Ishan

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 1:56 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Noble, I'm curious what blockers you have in mind. I just checked JIRA, and while I see a number of 9.0 blockers, I'm not counting many 8.7 blockers?

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:13 AM Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
There are a lot of blockers for 8.7. It's good to plan in advance

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 7:11 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.
>
> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
> Regards,
> Ishan

Adrien

--
Adrien

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39
To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.
>
> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
> Regards,
> Ishan

Adrien

--
Adrien

Re: 8.7 Release

Gus Heck
Unless it somehow got lost in a spam filter somewhere, I don't think we have set a target date for the release yet? (roadmap says autumn 2020 which technically doesn't begin until the solstice on the 21st :) )

Hoping that I might still get the Advanced Query parser in first, but that's a much bigger prospect than these two tickets.

-Gus

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39
To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.
>
> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
> Regards,
> Ishan

Adrien

--
Adrien

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39
To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.
>
> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
> Regards,
> Ishan

Adrien

--
Adrien

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: 8.7 Release

Cassandra Targett
Atri,

Just so I understand your plans, when you say you are planning to start the process at the end of this month, you mean you intend to create the branch around Oct 1? No pressure, I ask only because Ishan’s original mail mentioned cutting the branch this week and I just wanted to have a clearer sense of your timeline.

Thanks,
Cassandra

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39
To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.
>
> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
> Regards,
> Ishan

Adrien

--
Adrien

Atri
Apache Concerted

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39

To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,

> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.

> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?

> Regards,

> Ishan

Noble Paul

Adrien

--

Adrien

Atri

Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39

To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,

> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.

> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?

> Regards,

> Ishan

Noble Paul

Adrien

--

Adrien

Atri

Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

Adrien

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39

To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,

> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.

> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?

> Regards,

> Ishan

Noble Paul

Adrien

--

Adrien

Atri

Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

Adrien

Re: 8.7 Release

Atri Sharma-3
Adrien,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I will cut the branch this Friday morning (IST).

Atri

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39

To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,

> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.

> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?

> Regards,

> Ishan

Noble Paul

Adrien

--

Adrien

Atri

Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

--
Adrien

Atri
Apache Concerted

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39

To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,

> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.

> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?

> Regards,

> Ishan

Noble Paul

Adrien

--

Adrien

Atri

Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

--
Adrien

Atri
Apache Concerted

Adrien

Re: 8.7 Release

Atri Sharma-3
I will start the first build candidate on upcoming Monday. This is my
first release so fingers crossed :)

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 7:01 PM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Atri. Do you know when you will start the first build candidate as well? We had been doing some planning around Ishan's initial suggestion of cutting the branch on September 20th, so as this is getting delayed I'm trying to get a sense of whether the release would likely be out in the next two weeks.
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:10 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Sorry for the delay in response.
>>
>> I will cut the branch this Friday morning (IST).
>>
>> Atri
>>
>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 05:43, Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Adrien, I plan on merging SOLR-14907 to master and 8x tomorrow. If you would mind waiting to cut 8.7 until then, I would appreciate it.
>>>
>>> - Houston

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Atri
>> Apache Concerted
>

> --
> Adrien

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: 8.7 Release

Adrien Grand
This sounds good to me, thank you!

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 6:06 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
I will start the first build candidate on upcoming Monday. This is my
first release so fingers crossed :)

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 7:01 PM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Atri. Do you know when you will start the first build candidate as well? We had been doing some planning around Ishan's initial suggestion of cutting the branch on September 20th, so as this is getting delayed I'm trying to get a sense of whether the release would likely be out in the next two weeks.
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:10 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Sorry for the delay in response.
>>
>> I will cut the branch this Friday morning (IST).
>>
>> Atri
>>
>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 05:43, Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Adrien, I plan on merging SOLR-14907 to master and 8x tomorrow. If you would mind waiting to cut 8.7 until then, I would appreciate it.
>>>
>>> - Houston

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Atri
>> Apache Concerted
>

> --
> Adrien

Atri
Apache Concerted

Adrien

Re: 8.7 Release

Adrien Grand
As the branch has been cut, I deleted 8.6 jobs and created 8.7 jobs on the ASF Jenkins: https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Lucene/.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 6:16 PM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
This sounds good to me, thank you!

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 6:06 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
I will start the first build candidate on upcoming Monday. This is my
first release so fingers crossed :)

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 7:01 PM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Atri. Do you know when you will start the first build candidate as well? We had been doing some planning around Ishan's initial suggestion of cutting the branch on September 20th, so as this is getting delayed I'm trying to get a sense of whether the release would likely be out in the next two weeks.
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:10 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Sorry for the delay in response.
>>
>> I will cut the branch this Friday morning (IST).
>>
>> Atri
>>
>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 05:43, Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Adrien, I plan on merging SOLR-14907 to master and 8x tomorrow. If you would mind waiting to cut 8.7 until then, I would appreciate it.
>>>
>>> - Houston

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Atri
>> Apache Concerted
>

> --
> Adrien

Atri
Apache Concerted

Adrien

Adrien

Re: 8.7 Release

David Smiley
BTW on branch_8x, I see that "ant precommit" fails:

-documentation-lint:
    [jtidy] Checking for broken html (such as invalid tags)...
   [delete] Deleting directory /Users/dsmiley/DevSearch/lucene-solr_8x/lucene/build/jtidy_tmp
     [echo] Checking for broken links...
     [exec]
     [exec] Crawl/parse...
     [exec]
     [exec] Verify...
     [echo] Checking for malformed docs...
     [exec]
     [exec] /Users/dsmiley/DevSearch/lucene-solr_8x/solr/build/docs/solr-core/overview-summary.html
     [exec]   missing description: org.apache.solr.util.circuitbreaker
     [exec]
     [exec] Missing javadocs were found!

That package is missing a "package-info.java".  It's been this way for a while... I wonder why it hasn't been noticed by others yet?

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:06 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
I will start the first build candidate on upcoming Monday. This is my
first release so fingers crossed :)

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 7:01 PM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Atri. Do you know when you will start the first build candidate as well? We had been doing some planning around Ishan's initial suggestion of cutting the branch on September 20th, so as this is getting delayed I'm trying to get a sense of whether the release would likely be out in the next two weeks.
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:10 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Sorry for the delay in response.
>>
>> I will cut the branch this Friday morning (IST).
>>
>> Atri
>>
>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 05:43, Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Adrien, I plan on merging SOLR-14907 to master and 8x tomorrow. If you would mind waiting to cut 8.7 until then, I would appreciate it.
>>>
>>> - Houston

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Atri
>> Apache Concerted
>

> --
> Adrien

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: 8.7 Release

Atri Sharma-3
Surprisingly it doesn’t fail for me? Local caching?

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 at 23:08, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
BTW on branch_8x, I see that "ant precommit" fails:

-documentation-lint:
    [jtidy] Checking for broken html (such as invalid tags)...
   [delete] Deleting directory /Users/dsmiley/DevSearch/lucene-solr_8x/lucene/build/jtidy_tmp
     [echo] Checking for broken links...
     [exec]
     [exec] Crawl/parse...
     [exec]
     [exec] Verify...
     [echo] Checking for malformed docs...
     [exec]
     [exec] /Users/dsmiley/DevSearch/lucene-solr_8x/solr/build/docs/solr-core/overview-summary.html
     [exec]   missing description: org.apache.solr.util.circuitbreaker
     [exec]
     [exec] Missing javadocs were found!

That package is missing a "package-info.java".  It's been this way for a while... I wonder why it hasn't been noticed by others yet?

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:06 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
I will start the first build candidate on upcoming Monday. This is my
first release so fingers crossed :)

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 7:01 PM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Atri. Do you know when you will start the first build candidate as well? We had been doing some planning around Ishan's initial suggestion of cutting the branch on September 20th, so as this is getting delayed I'm trying to get a sense of whether the release would likely be out in the next two weeks.
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:10 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Sorry for the delay in response.
>>
>> I will cut the branch this Friday morning (IST).
>>
>> Atri
>>
>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 05:43, Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Adrien, I plan on merging SOLR-14907 to master and 8x tomorrow. If you would mind waiting to cut 8.7 until then, I would appreciate it.
>>>
>>> - Houston

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Atri
>> Apache Concerted
>

> --
> Adrien

Atri
Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: 8.7 Release

David Smiley
I don't know.  I searched for "missing description: org.apache.solr.util.circuitbreaker" in my email (covering our builds), and this started happening October 16th (2 days ago) on 8.x (not master).

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 2:34 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
Surprisingly it doesn’t fail for me? Local caching?

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 at 23:08, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
BTW on branch_8x, I see that "ant precommit" fails:

-documentation-lint:
    [jtidy] Checking for broken html (such as invalid tags)...
   [delete] Deleting directory /Users/dsmiley/DevSearch/lucene-solr_8x/lucene/build/jtidy_tmp
     [echo] Checking for broken links...
     [exec]
     [exec] Crawl/parse...
     [exec]
     [exec] Verify...
     [echo] Checking for malformed docs...
     [exec]
     [exec] /Users/dsmiley/DevSearch/lucene-solr_8x/solr/build/docs/solr-core/overview-summary.html
     [exec]   missing description: org.apache.solr.util.circuitbreaker
     [exec]
     [exec] Missing javadocs were found!

That package is missing a "package-info.java".  It's been this way for a while... I wonder why it hasn't been noticed by others yet?

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:06 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
I will start the first build candidate on upcoming Monday. This is my
first release so fingers crossed :)

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 7:01 PM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Atri. Do you know when you will start the first build candidate as well? We had been doing some planning around Ishan's initial suggestion of cutting the branch on September 20th, so as this is getting delayed I'm trying to get a sense of whether the release would likely be out in the next two weeks.
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:10 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Sorry for the delay in response.
>>
>> I will cut the branch this Friday morning (IST).
>>
>> Atri
>>
>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 05:43, Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Adrien, I plan on merging SOLR-14907 to master and 8x tomorrow. If you would mind waiting to cut 8.7 until then, I would appreciate it.
>>>
>>> - Houston

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Atri
>> Apache Concerted
>

> --
> Adrien

Atri
Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: 8.7 Release

Atri Sharma-3
Let me take a look tomorrow morning — must be something I broke in the cherry pick.

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 at 00:58, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't know.  I searched for "missing description: org.apache.solr.util.circuitbreaker" in my email (covering our builds), and this started happening October 16th (2 days ago) on 8.x (not master).

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 2:34 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
Surprisingly it doesn’t fail for me? Local caching?

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 at 23:08, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
BTW on branch_8x, I see that "ant precommit" fails:

-documentation-lint:
    [jtidy] Checking for broken html (such as invalid tags)...
   [delete] Deleting directory /Users/dsmiley/DevSearch/lucene-solr_8x/lucene/build/jtidy_tmp
     [echo] Checking for broken links...
     [exec]
     [exec] Crawl/parse...
     [exec]
     [exec] Verify...
     [echo] Checking for malformed docs...
     [exec]
     [exec] /Users/dsmiley/DevSearch/lucene-solr_8x/solr/build/docs/solr-core/overview-summary.html
     [exec]   missing description: org.apache.solr.util.circuitbreaker
     [exec]
     [exec] Missing javadocs were found!

That package is missing a "package-info.java".  It's been this way for a while... I wonder why it hasn't been noticed by others yet?

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:06 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
I will start the first build candidate on upcoming Monday. This is my
first release so fingers crossed :)

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 7:01 PM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Atri. Do you know when you will start the first build candidate as well? We had been doing some planning around Ishan's initial suggestion of cutting the branch on September 20th, so as this is getting delayed I'm trying to get a sense of whether the release would likely be out in the next two weeks.
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:10 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Sorry for the delay in response.
>>
>> I will cut the branch this Friday morning (IST).
>>
>> Atri
>>
>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 05:43, Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Adrien, I plan on merging SOLR-14907 to master and 8x tomorrow. If you would mind waiting to cut 8.7 until then, I would appreciate it.
>>>
>>> - Houston

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Atri
>> Apache Concerted
>

> --
> Adrien

Atri
Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: 8.7 Release

Atri Sharma-3
BTw, guidance needed:

1. The doc fixes I need to do for this, should I be backporting them to branch_8_7, or apply them to branch_8_x and cut a new branch?

2. I still see blocker issues on 8.7 (thanks Ishan!) — is it valid to be cutting a branch before those are resolved?

Atri

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 at 01:14, Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
Let me take a look tomorrow morning — must be something I broke in the cherry pick.

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 at 00:58, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't know.  I searched for "missing description: org.apache.solr.util.circuitbreaker" in my email (covering our builds), and this started happening October 16th (2 days ago) on 8.x (not master).

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 2:34 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
Surprisingly it doesn’t fail for me? Local caching?

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 at 23:08, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
BTW on branch_8x, I see that "ant precommit" fails:

-documentation-lint:
    [jtidy] Checking for broken html (such as invalid tags)...
   [delete] Deleting directory /Users/dsmiley/DevSearch/lucene-solr_8x/lucene/build/jtidy_tmp
     [echo] Checking for broken links...
     [exec]
     [exec] Crawl/parse...
     [exec]
     [exec] Verify...
     [echo] Checking for malformed docs...
     [exec]
     [exec] /Users/dsmiley/DevSearch/lucene-solr_8x/solr/build/docs/solr-core/overview-summary.html
     [exec]   missing description: org.apache.solr.util.circuitbreaker
     [exec]
     [exec] Missing javadocs were found!

That package is missing a "package-info.java".  It's been this way for a while... I wonder why it hasn't been noticed by others yet?

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:06 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
I will start the first build candidate on upcoming Monday. This is my
first release so fingers crossed :)

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 7:01 PM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Atri. Do you know when you will start the first build candidate as well? We had been doing some planning around Ishan's initial suggestion of cutting the branch on September 20th, so as this is getting delayed I'm trying to get a sense of whether the release would likely be out in the next two weeks.
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:10 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Sorry for the delay in response.
>>
>> I will cut the branch this Friday morning (IST).
>>
>> Atri
>>
>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 05:43, Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Adrien, I plan on merging SOLR-14907 to master and 8x tomorrow. If you would mind waiting to cut 8.7 until then, I would appreciate it.
>>>
>>> - Houston

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Atri
>> Apache Concerted
>

> --
> Adrien

Atri
Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: 8.7 Release

Adrien Grand
1. This is failing 8.7 builds, e.g. https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene/job/Lucene-Solr-Tests-8.7/3/console, so yes we should backport to 8.7.
By the way I don't understand why you created a branch_8_x branch in addition to branch_8x, was it a mistake? The release wizard doesn't seem to be recommending something like that?

2. Yes this is actually the point of cutting a branch, this helps reduce chances of introducing blockers while we're working on addressing the existing blockers.

Atri
Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

Adrien

Re: 8.7 Release

David Smiley
Given how recent branch_8_7 was cut, I don't think a RC should be released Monday.  At least one extra day would be prudent.  Just my 2-cents.

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 4:11 PM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

first release so fingers crossed :)

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 7:01 PM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Atri. Do you know when you will start the first build candidate as well? We had been doing some planning around Ishan's initial suggestion of cutting the branch on September 20th, so as this is getting delayed I'm trying to get a sense of whether the release would likely be out in the next two weeks.
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:10 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Sorry for the delay in response.
>>
>> I will cut the branch this Friday morning (IST).
>>
>> Atri
>>
>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 05:43, Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Adrien, I plan on merging SOLR-14907 to master and 8x tomorrow. If you would mind waiting to cut 8.7 until then, I would appreciate it.

Atri
Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted