Re: 8.7 Release

Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate input on the

solrj logging tweak if anyone has a moment?

Thanks,
Christine

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: 8.7 Release

Also, we should try to respect the stuff we have put on the roadmap (Which includes me getting a patch up for SIP-9 much sooner rather than even a little later!)

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 5:18 PM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for the explanation Ishan.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 10:33 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Adrien,
I think I am mainly concerned about getting the configuration and modularity of this right before we release: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14588.
If we aren't able to resolve it, we should revert that feature.

There may be some other performance issues that may have been marked as blockers just to infuse a sense of urgency among those that need to fix it. But, I wouldn't consider them something that actually holds up a release.
Regards,
Ishan

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 1:56 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Noble, I'm curious what blockers you have in mind. I just checked JIRA, and while I see a number of 9.0 blockers, I'm not counting many 8.7 blockers?

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:13 AM Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
There are a lot of blockers for 8.7. It's good to plan in advance

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 7:11 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.
>
> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
> Regards,
> Ishan

Adrien

--
Adrien

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39
To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.
>
> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
> Regards,
> Ishan

Adrien

--
Adrien

Re: 8.7 Release

Gus Heck
Unless it somehow got lost in a spam filter somewhere, I don't think we have set a target date for the release yet? (roadmap says autumn 2020 which technically doesn't begin until the solstice on the 21st :) )

Hoping that I might still get the Advanced Query parser in first, but that's a much bigger prospect than these two tickets.

-Gus

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39
To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.
>
> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
> Regards,
> Ishan

Adrien

--
Adrien

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39
To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.
>
> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
> Regards,
> Ishan

Adrien

--
Adrien

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: 8.7 Release

Cassandra Targett
Atri,

Just so I understand your plans, when you say you are planning to start the process at the end of this month, you mean you intend to create the branch around Oct 1? No pressure, I ask only because Ishan’s original mail mentioned cutting the branch this week and I just wanted to have a clearer sense of your timeline.

Thanks,
Cassandra

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39
To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.
>
> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
> Regards,
> Ishan

Adrien

--
Adrien

Atri
Apache Concerted

From: [hidden email] At: 08/20/20 22:48:39

To: [hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,

> A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.

> Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?

> Regards,

> Ishan

Noble Paul

Adrien