Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 8.3.1 released

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 8.3.1 released

Rahul Goswami
Thanks Ishan. I was just going through the list of fixes in 8.3.1
(published in changes.txt) and couldn't see the below JIRA.

SOLR-13971 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13971>: Velocity
response writer's resource loading now possible only through startup
parameters.

Is it linked appropriately? Or is it some access rights issue for non-PMC
members like me ?

Thanks,
Rahul

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 7:12 AM Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks ishan
>
> On Wed, Dec 4, 2019, 3:32 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <
> [hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > ## 3 December 2019, Apache Solr™ 8.3.1 available
> >
> > The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of Apache Solr 8.3.1.
> >
> > Solr is the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform
> > from the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful
> > full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, dynamic
> > clustering, database integration, rich document handling, and
> > geospatial search. Solr is highly scalable, providing fault tolerant
> > distributed search and indexing, and powers the search and navigation
> > features of many of the world's largest internet sites.
> >
> > Solr 8.3.1 is available for immediate download at:
> >
> >   <https://lucene.apache.org/solr/downloads.html>
> >
> > ### Solr 8.3.1 Release Highlights:
> >
> >   * JavaBinCodec has concurrent modification of CharArr resulting in
> > corrupt internode updates
> >   * findRequestType in AuditEvent is more robust
> >   * CoreContainer.auditloggerPlugin is volatile now
> >   * Velocity response writer's resource loading now possible only
> > through startup parameters
> >

> > Please read CHANGES.txt for a full list of changes:
> >
> >   <https://lucene.apache.org/solr/8_3_1/changes/Changes.html>
> >
> > Solr 8.3.1 also includes  and bugfixes in the corresponding Apache
> > Lucene release:
> >
> >   <https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_3_1/changes/Changes.html>
> >
> > Note: The Apache Software Foundation uses an extensive mirroring network
> > for
> > distributing releases. It is possible that the mirror you are using may
> > not have
> > replicated the release yet. If that is the case, please try another
> mirror.
> > This also applies to Maven access.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 8.3.1 released

Paras Lehana
Hey Ishan,

Cannot find 8.3.1 here: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/downloads.html (8.3.0
is listed here).

Anyways, I'm downloading it from here:
https://archive.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/8.3.1/

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 at 20:27, Rahul Goswami <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Ishan. I was just going through the list of fixes in 8.3.1
> (published in changes.txt) and couldn't see the below JIRA.
>
> SOLR-13971 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13971>: Velocity
> response writer's resource loading now possible only through startup
> parameters.
>
> Is it linked appropriately? Or is it some access rights issue for non-PMC
> members like me ?
>
> Thanks,
> Rahul
>

> On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 7:12 AM Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks ishan
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 4, 2019, 3:32 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <
> > [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > ## 3 December 2019, Apache Solr™ 8.3.1 available
> > >
> > > The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of Apache Solr 8.3.1.
> > >
> > > Solr is the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform
> > > from the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful
> > > full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, dynamic
> > > clustering, database integration, rich document handling, and
> > > geospatial search. Solr is highly scalable, providing fault tolerant
> > > distributed search and indexing, and powers the search and navigation
> > > features of many of the world's largest internet sites.
> > >
> > > Solr 8.3.1 is available for immediate download at:
> > >
> > >   <https://lucene.apache.org/solr/downloads.html>
> > >
> > > ### Solr 8.3.1 Release Highlights:
> > >
> > >   * JavaBinCodec has concurrent modification of CharArr resulting in
> > > corrupt internode updates
> > >   * findRequestType in AuditEvent is more robust
> > >   * CoreContainer.auditloggerPlugin is volatile now
> > >   * Velocity response writer's resource loading now possible only
> > > through startup parameters
> > >

> > > Please read CHANGES.txt for a full list of changes:
> > >
> > >   <https://lucene.apache.org/solr/8_3_1/changes/Changes.html>
> > >
> > > Solr 8.3.1 also includes  and bugfixes in the corresponding Apache
> > > Lucene release:
> > >
> > >   <https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_3_1/changes/Changes.html>
> > >
> > > Note: The Apache Software Foundation uses an extensive mirroring
> network
> > > for
> > > distributing releases. It is possible that the mirror you are using may
> > > not have
> > > replicated the release yet. If that is the case, please try another
> > mirror.
> > > This also applies to Maven access.

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, Auto-Suggest,
IndiaMART Intermesh Ltd.

8th Floor, Tower A, Advant-Navis Business Park, Sector 142,
Noida, UP, IN - 201303

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 01203916600 | Extn:  *8173*

--
*
*

 <https://www.facebook.com/IndiaMART/videos/578196442936091/>

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 8.3.1 released

Erick Erickson
It’s there for me when I click on your link.

> On Dec 5, 2019, at 1:08 AM, Paras Lehana <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey Ishan,
>
> Cannot find 8.3.1 here: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/downloads.html (8.3.0
> is listed here).
>
> Anyways, I'm downloading it from here:
> https://archive.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/8.3.1/
>

> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 at 20:27, Rahul Goswami <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Ishan. I was just going through the list of fixes in 8.3.1
>> (published in changes.txt) and couldn't see the below JIRA.
>>
>> SOLR-13971 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13971>: Velocity
>> response writer's resource loading now possible only through startup
>> parameters.
>>
>> Is it linked appropriately? Or is it some access rights issue for non-PMC
>> members like me ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rahul
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 7:12 AM Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks ishan
>>>
>>> On Wed, Dec 4, 2019, 3:32 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <
>>> [hidden email]>

>> network
>>> mirror.

> Regards,
>
> *Paras Lehana* [65871]
> Development Engineer, Auto-Suggest,
> IndiaMART Intermesh Ltd.
>
> 8th Floor, Tower A, Advant-Navis Business Park, Sector 142,
> Noida, UP, IN - 201303
>
> Mob.: +91-9560911996
> Work: 01203916600 | Extn:  *8173*
>
> --
> *
> *
>
> <https://www.facebook.com/IndiaMART/videos/578196442936091/>

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 8.3.1 released

Paras Lehana
Yup, now reflected. :)

On Thu, 5 Dec, 2019, 19:43 Erick Erickson, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It’s there for me when I click on your link.
>
> > On Dec 5, 2019, at 1:08 AM, Paras Lehana <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hey Ishan,
> >
> > Cannot find 8.3.1 here: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/downloads.html
> (8.3.0
> > is listed here).
> >
> > Anyways, I'm downloading it from here:
> > https://archive.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/8.3.1/
> >

> > On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 at 20:27, Rahul Goswami <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks Ishan. I was just going through the list of fixes in 8.3.1
> >> (published in changes.txt) and couldn't see the below JIRA.
> >>
> >> SOLR-13971 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13971>: Velocity
> >> response writer's resource loading now possible only through startup
> >> parameters.
> >>
> >> Is it linked appropriately? Or is it some access rights issue for
> non-PMC
> >> members like me ?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Rahul

> 8.3.1.

> >> network
> may

> > --
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > *Paras Lehana* [65871]
> > Development Engineer, Auto-Suggest,
> > IndiaMART Intermesh Ltd.
> >
> > 8th Floor, Tower A, Advant-Navis Business Park, Sector 142,
> > Noida, UP, IN - 201303
> >
> > Mob.: +91-9560911996
> > Work: 01203916600 | Extn:  *8173*
> >
> > --
> > *
> > *
> >
> > <https://www.facebook.com/IndiaMART/videos/578196442936091/>

--
*
*

 <https://www.facebook.com/IndiaMART/videos/578196442936091/>

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 8.3.1 released

Colvin Cowie
Oh, just looking at the way the announcement reads on
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/news.html :
Solr 8.3.1 Release Highlights:

   - JavaBinCodec has concurrent modification of CharArr resulting in
   corrupt internode updates

That kind of sounds like the corrupt internode updates is something that
has been *introduced* by the release rather than being fixed. Maybe that
could just be changed to:

   - Fixed: JavaBinCodec has concurrent modification of CharArr resulting
   in corrupt internode updates

Thanks

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 at 01:22, Paras Lehana <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Yup, now reflected. :)
>
> On Thu, 5 Dec, 2019, 19:43 Erick Erickson, <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > It’s there for me when I click on your link.
> >
> > > On Dec 5, 2019, at 1:08 AM, Paras Lehana <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey Ishan,
> > >
> > > Cannot find 8.3.1 here: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/downloads.html
> > (8.3.0
> > > is listed here).
> > >
> > > Anyways, I'm downloading it from here:
> > > https://archive.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/8.3.1/

> Velocity

> > non-PMC

> > 8.3.1.

> navigation

> > may

> > > --
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > *Paras Lehana* [65871]
> > > Development Engineer, Auto-Suggest,
> > > IndiaMART Intermesh Ltd.
> > >
> > > 8th Floor, Tower A, Advant-Navis Business Park, Sector 142,
> > > Noida, UP, IN - 201303
> > >
> > > Mob.: +91-9560911996
> > > Work: 01203916600 | Extn:  *8173*
> > >
> > > --
> > > *
> > > *
> > >
> > > <https://www.facebook.com/IndiaMART/videos/578196442936091/>
> >

> --
> *
> *
>
>  <https://www.facebook.com/IndiaMART/videos/578196442936091/>

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 8.3.1 released

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Thanks, I'll fix.

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 4:15 PM Colvin Cowie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Oh, just looking at the way the announcement reads on
> http://lucene.apache.org/solr/news.html :
> Solr 8.3.1 Release Highlights:
>
>    - JavaBinCodec has concurrent modification of CharArr resulting in
>    corrupt internode updates
>
> That kind of sounds like the corrupt internode updates is something that
> has been *introduced* by the release rather than being fixed. Maybe that
> could just be changed to:
>
>    - Fixed: JavaBinCodec has concurrent modification of CharArr resulting
>    in corrupt internode updates
>

> Thanks
>
> On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 at 01:22, Paras Lehana <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Yup, now reflected. :)
> >
> > On Thu, 5 Dec, 2019, 19:43 Erick Erickson, <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > It’s there for me when I click on your link.

> > > (8.3.0

> > Velocity

> > > non-PMC

> > > 8.3.1.

> > navigation

> > > may

> > --
> > *
> > *
> >
> >  <https://www.facebook.com/IndiaMART/videos/578196442936091/>

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 8.3.1 released

Colvin Cowie
Cheers

On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 at 11:19, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks, I'll fix.
>
> On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 4:15 PM Colvin Cowie <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Oh, just looking at the way the announcement reads on
> > http://lucene.apache.org/solr/news.html :
> > Solr 8.3.1 Release Highlights:
> >
> >    - JavaBinCodec has concurrent modification of CharArr resulting in
> >    corrupt internode updates
> >
> > That kind of sounds like the corrupt internode updates is something that
> > has been *introduced* by the release rather than being fixed. Maybe that
> > could just be changed to:
> >
> >    - Fixed: JavaBinCodec has concurrent modification of CharArr resulting
> >    in corrupt internode updates
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 at 01:22, Paras Lehana <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Yup, now reflected. :)

> [hidden email]>

> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/downloads.html

> > > Velocity
> startup

> platform
> powerful
> tolerant
> > > navigation

> resulting in

> Apache

> using
> another

> > > --
> > > *
> > > *
> > >
> > >  <https://www.facebook.com/IndiaMART/videos/578196442936091/>

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 8.3.1 released

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
Thanks.  I observe we too often write in that way and leave it up to the
reader to assume we don’t intentionally add bugs :-)

Sent from Gmail Mobile