Re: About 2.7.4 Release

Konstantin Shvachko-2
Latest update on the links and filters. Here is the correct link for the
filter:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?requestId=12340814

Also updated: https://s.apache.org/Dzg4

Had to do some Jira debugging. Sorry for confusion.

Thanks,
--Konstantin

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Konstantin Shvachko <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hey Akira,
>
> I didn't have private filters. Most probably Jira caches something.
> Your filter is in the right direction, but for some reason it lists only
> 22 issues, while mine has 29.
> It misses e.g. YARN-5543 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-5543>
> .
>
> Anyways, I created a Jira filter now "Hadoop 2.7.4 release blockers",
> shared it with "everybody", and updated my link to point to that filter. So
> you can use any of the three methods below to get the correct list:
> 1. Go to https://s.apache.org/Dzg4
> 2. Go to the filter via
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues?filter=12340814
>    or by finding "Hadoop 2.7.4 release blockers" filter in the jira
> 3. On Advanced issues search page paste this:
> project in (HDFS, HADOOP, YARN, MAPREDUCE) AND labels = release-blocker
> AND "Target Version/s" = 2.7.4
>
> Hope this solves the confusion for which issues are included.
> Please LMK if it doesn't, as it is important.
>
> Thanks,
> --Konstantin
>
> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Akira Ajisaka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Konstantin,
>>
>> Thank you for volunteering as release manager!
>>
>> > Actually the original link works fine: https://s.apache.org/Dzg4
>> I couldn't see the link. Maybe is it private filter?
>>
>> Here is a link I generated: https://s.apache.org/ehKy
>> This filter includes resolved issue and excludes fixversion == 2.7.4
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Akira
>>
>> On 2017/05/08 19:20, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Brahma Reddy Battula,
>>>
>>> Actually the original link works fine: https://s.apache.org/Dzg4
>>> Your link excludes closed and resolved issues, which needs backporting,
>>> and
>>> which we cannot reopen, as discussed in this thread earlier.
>>>
>>> Looked through the issues you proposed:
>>>
>>> HDFS-9311 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-9311>
>>> Seems like a new feature. It helps failover to standby node when primary
>>> is
>>> under heavy load, but it introduces new APIs, addresses, config
>>> parameters.
>>> And needs at least one follow up jira.
>>> Looks like a backward compatible change, though.
>>> Did you have a chance to run it in production?
>>>
>>> +1 on
>>> HDFS-10987 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-10987>
>>> HDFS-9902 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-9902>
>>> HDFS-8312 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-8312>
>>> HADOOP-14100 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-14100>
>>>
>>> Added them to 2.7.4 release. You should see them via the above link now.
>>> Would be good if you could attach backport patches for some of them?
>>>
>>> Appreciate your help,
>>> --Konstantin

Re: About 2.7.4 Release

Akira Ajisaka-2
Sure.
If you want to edit the wiki, please tell me your ASF confluence account.

-Akira