Re: Announcing Apachecon @Home 2020

Atri Sharma-3
This seems like a great opportunity -- I am planning to give a talk on
basics of Lucene and Solr.

Do we want our own track as well?

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 6:30 PM Rich Bowen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear PMCs,
>
> We’re pleased to announce that ApacheCon 2020 will be held online,
> September 29th through October 1st, 2020. You can see the full details
> in the various other announcements that have been going out to other
> lists you’re on, so I won’t repeat all of that again here.
>
> My message for you is that, due to the online nature of the event, we’re
> freed of the normal space/time constraints that we have to deal with at
> in-person events. We can have pretty much as much content as we want, on
> as many topics as we want.
>
> If your project (or family of projects) wants to have a presence at
> ApacheCon, from one “what is it?” talk all the way up to a full track of
> content, please get in touch with me - [hidden email] - as soon as
> possible to arrange that.
>
> We are on a very short timeline, due to a long list of blockers that we
> have had to deal with over the past few months, and so please don’t
> delay. I will need for you to designate a track chair who will be my
> single point of contact for your track. You can handle communication
> with your project however you like, but I need one person that I can
> rely on to be that point of contact. That track chair should subscribe
> to [hidden email] in order to be included in all relevant
> conversations
>
> I hope to have helpful documentation for track chairs, so you won’t be
> doing it all on your own.
>
> I really hope to see your project at ApacheCon @Home 2020.
>
> Rich Bowen
> VP Conferences, The Apache Software Foundation

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: Announcing Apachecon @Home 2020

Anshum Gupta
Thanks for bringing this up Atri! Please submit your talk :)

Here's the good news - We introduced the Search track this year. We've already received a bunch of talks, and I really encourage people to submit talks about not only Lucene/Solr but also Elastic Search or any other related search topic. There already have been over 500 registrations so it's a great place to share and highlight the interesting feature you have been thinking about or the cool way of doing something.

The conference details and CFP can be found here: https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/index.html .

Also, please register to attend the talk using the link above. While you can register to attend the conference for free, there is an option to purchase a donation ticket, if that's something you'd like to do.

See you all at ApacheCon @ Home!