Re: Error 404 on every request

Nils Abegg
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to get solr running. I got it installed and I can access the admin dashboard, but if I try to index some docs, i always get a 404 Error.
I tried it with the following URLs:
http://mydomain/solr/update/json
http://mydomain/solr/mycore/update/json
http://mydomain/update/json
http://mydomain/mycore/update/json

I have installed the 4.0 Alpha with the build-in Jetty Server on Ubuntu Server 12.04…i followed this tutorial to set it up:
http://kingstonlabs.blogspot.de/2012/06/installing-solr-36-on-ubuntu-1204.html

It seems that I get a 404 for every request wich is not related to the admin dashboard(solr/#/).

Thanks in advance for any help. ;)

Regards
Nils

Re: Error 404 on every request

Yonik Seeley-2-2
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 6:01 AM, Nils Abegg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have installed the 4.0 Alpha with the build-in Jetty Server on Ubuntu Server 12.04…i followed this tutorial to set it up:
> http://kingstonlabs.blogspot.de/2012/06/installing-solr-36-on-ubuntu-1204.html

Instead of trying to "install" Solr, I'd suggest just starting with
the stock server included with the binary distribution.
If you have Java in your path, you just do:

cd example
java -jar start.jar

-Yonik
http://lucidimagination.com

Re: Error 404 on every request

Nils Abegg
Same issue with the stock server….i followed the steps of the wiki.
XML via post.jar its working, JSON via Curl is not.

Am 17.07.2012 um 12:05 schrieb Yonik Seeley:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 6:01 AM, Nils Abegg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have installed the 4.0 Alpha with the build-in Jetty Server on Ubuntu Server 12.04…i followed this tutorial to set it up:
>> http://kingstonlabs.blogspot.de/2012/06/installing-solr-36-on-ubuntu-1204.html
>
> Instead of trying to "install" Solr, I'd suggest just starting with
> the stock server included with the binary distribution.
> If you have Java in your path, you just do:
>
> cd example
> java -jar start.jar
>
> -Yonik
> http://lucidimagination.com

Re: Error 404 on every request

Nils Abegg
Ok, i got it working with path /update not /update/json
But it feels somewhat fishy to have solr sitting in my home dir.

Re: Error 404 on every request

Erik Hatcher-4
/update/json was removed from the example configuration in 4.0 because /update now handles content based on content-type internally.  It may not be spelled out as clearly as it should be, but here's the CHANGES entry for it:

* SOLR-2857: Support XML,CSV,JSON, and javabin in a single RequestHandler and
  choose the correct ContentStreamLoader based on Content-Type header.  This
  also deprecates the existing [Xml,JSON,CSV,Binary,Xslt]UpdateRequestHandler.

Yonik added a comment yesterday because of the issue you hit.  So maybe /update/json will re-emerge in the 4.0 final release example configuration?

Always be careful when comparing blogs/articles written about one version to a different version you're using.

        Erik