Re: Highlighting problem - mutivalue field

Re: Highlighting problem - mutivalue field

Mike Klaas
[moved to solr-dev]

On 8/16/06, Mike Klaas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A fix has been commited to lucene:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-645?page=comments#action_12428521,
> so the next lucene revision sync should resolve this issue.

Speaking of sync'ing with Lucene, this issue promises to provide a
rather significant indexing speed boost which might be worth waiting
for: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-388?page=all

regards,
-Mike

Re: Highlighting problem - mutivalue field

Mike Klaas
On 8/16/06, Mike Klaas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-645?page=comments#action_12428521,
> > so the next lucene revision sync should resolve this issue.
>
> Speaking of sync'ing with Lucene, this issue promises to provide a
> rather significant indexing speed boost which might be worth waiting
> for: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-388?page=all

LUCENE-645 (highlighter bugfix) and LUCENE-388 have both been resolved
in lucene trunk.  Also LUCENE-629 (which provides a sometimes huge
indexing performance boost for compressed fields) has recently been
added.

Might it be a good time to upgrade our lucene revision?

-Mike

Re: Highlighting problem - mutivalue field

Yonik Seeley-2
On 9/7/06, Mike Klaas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Might it be a good time to upgrade our lucene revision?

+1, the current version should be stable.  I usually grab a
lucene-nightly build for the refresh.

-Yonik