Re: Please help: Tomcat problem, Paginating with optimizatio

Re: Please help: Tomcat problem, Paginating with optimizatio

luti
Dear Byron,

Very interesting that you wrote from squid:
>I have also had great luck using squid as a
>proxy/caching server in front of both. That helped
>boost queries per second nicely keeping much of the
>tcp over head off the jvm/apache.

But I don't understand how it works:
Squid is a proxy server. I think that the proxy server can
only speed up statical contents. In the Apache you can
configure expires of gif, html, css etc. files, and you can
cache these files into the memory.
This is not same what squid can to do?

Re: Re: Please help: Tomcat problem, Paginating with optimizatio

Byron Miller-2
I put 24 hour expire on page and i used the caching
functionality.

Since the index wasn't changing every day, it was an
easy fix and i used this to load balance between 2
servers.

In a public server, i was amazed by how many people
search for the same things over and over and over and
squid worked great for that.

If your into data mining every link, it will be an
added hassle, otherwise it worked fine :)

http://developer.yahoo.net/?fr=offad-ysdn-ostg-q22005

Re: Re: Please help: Tomcat problem, Paginating with optimizatio

luti
Thanks for ide I will try it!

Byron Miller wrotte:

>I put 24 hour expire on page and i used the caching
>functionality.
>
>Since the index wasn't changing every day, it was an
>easy fix and i used this to load balance between 2
>servers.
>
>In a public server, i was amazed by how many people
>search for the same things over and over and over and
>squid worked great for that.
>
>If your into data mining every link, it will be an
>added hassle, otherwise it worked fine :)
>
>--- YourSoft <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Dear Byron,
>>
>>Very interesting that you wrote from squid:
>>

>>>I have also had great luck using squid as a
>>>proxy/caching server in front of both. That helped
>>>boost queries per second nicely keeping much of the
>>>tcp over head off the jvm/apache.
>>>

>>But I don't understand how it works:
>>Squid is a proxy server. I think that the proxy
>>server can
>>only speed up statical contents. In the Apache you
>>can
>>configure expires of gif, html, css etc. files, and
>>you can
>>cache these files into the memory.
>>This is not same what squid can to do?

>>Introducing Yahoo! Search Developer Network - Create
>>apps using Yahoo!
>>Search APIs Find out how you can build Yahoo!
>>directly into your own
>>Applications - visit
>>

>http://developer.yahoo.net/?fr=offad-ysdn-ostg-q22005

>Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new Resources site
>http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/

Re: Re: Please help: Tomcat problem, Paginating with optimizatio

luti
Sorry: Thanks for idea. I will try it.