Re: Questions about corrupted Segments files.

Re: Questions about corrupted Segments files.

Dmitry Kan-3
Hi Kaya,

On Wed 6. Nov 2019 at 3.24, Kayak28 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, Community members:

I am using Solr 7.7.2.
On the other day, while indexing to the Solr, my computer powered off.
As a result, there are corrupted segment files.

Is there any way to fix the corrupted segment files without re-indexing?

I have read a blog post (in Japanese) writing about checkIndex method which can be used to determine/fix corrupted segment files, but when I tried to run the following command, I got the error message.
So, I am not sure if checkIndex can actually fix the index files.

java -cp lucene-core-7.7.2.jar -ea:org.apache.lucene... org.apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex solr/server/solr/basic_copy/data/index -fix

ERROR: unexpected extra argument '-fix'

If anybody knows about either a way to fix corrupted segment files or a way to use checkIndex '-fix' option correctly, could you please let me know?

Any clue will be very appreciated.

Sincerely,
Kaya Ota

Re: Questions about corrupted Segments files.

Erick Erickson
If Luke doesn’t do the trick, use the -exorcise option and start your indexing process over again.

Best,
Erick

> On Nov 6, 2019, at 6:24 AM, Dmitry Kan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Kaya,
>
> Try luke:
> http://dmitrykan.blogspot.com/2018/01/new-luke-on-javafx.html
>
> Best,
>
> Dmitry
>
> On Wed 6. Nov 2019 at 3.24, Kayak28 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello, Community members:
>
> I am using Solr 7.7.2.
> On the other day, while indexing to the Solr, my computer powered off.
> As a result, there are corrupted segment files.
>
> Is there any way to fix the corrupted segment files without re-indexing?
>
> I have read a blog post (in Japanese) writing about checkIndex method which can be used to determine/fix corrupted segment files, but when I tried to run the following command, I got the error message.
> So, I am not sure if checkIndex can actually fix the index files.
>

> java -cp lucene-core-7.7.2.jar -ea:org.apache.lucene... org.apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex solr/server/solr/basic_copy/data/index -fix
>
> ERROR: unexpected extra argument '-fix'
>

> If anybody knows about either a way to fix corrupted segment files or a way to use checkIndex '-fix' option correctly, could you please let me know?
>
> Any clue will be very appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
> Kaya Ota

> Dmitry Kan
> Luke Toolbox: http://github.com/DmitryKey/luke
> Blog: http://dmitrykan.blogspot.com
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/dmitrykan
> SemanticAnalyzer: www.semanticanalyzer.info

Re: Questions about corrupted Segments files.

Kayak28
Hello, Mr. Erick, Mr. Dmitry, and the community members:

Thank you for your advice.
I am going to try Luck and --exorcise option this weekend.

Again, I appreciated your replays.

Sincerely,
Kaya Ota