Re:Re:How lucene and nucth work together?

Re:Re:How lucene and nucth work together?

Giovanni Dima
Andrzej, tanks for the reply.
I'm sorry but i've another (similar) question...
Lucene and nutch use the same parser and analyzer? I seems to understand that the segments created from the nutch  are different from those creating from lucene.
I've installed nutch and I've created folders db and segments. Then, as explained in the tutorial, i've created a new database, injected urls into it, generated a fetchlist from the database and indexed the segment with the command
bin/nutch index ..
May I use as lucene's "indexLocation" the index folder created in this way?
If I may not, how can I make a valid index for lucene?

Thanks in advance.

Giovanni
Atitlan Engineering, Pisa

Re: How lucene and nucth work together?

Andrzej Białecki-2
Giovanni Dima wrote:
> Andrzej, tanks for the reply. I'm sorry but i've another (similar)
> question... Lucene and nutch use the same parser and analyzer?

No, they don't.

> I seems to understand that the segments created from the nutch  are
> different from those creating from lucene. I've installed nutch and

They are not simply different - they represent completely different data
structures, only accidentally named the same...

> I've created folders db and segments. Then, as explained in the
> tutorial, i've created a new database, injected urls into it,
> generated a fetchlist from the database and indexed the segment with
> the command bin/nutch index .. May I use as lucene's "indexLocation"
> the index folder created in this way? If I may not, how can I make a
> valid index for lucene?

In Lucene API there is no such thing as "indexLocation". You probably
refer to the search demo application, included in Lucene distribution.
If that's the case, then the answer is no - it won't work with indexes
created by Nutch. However, if you use Lucene API, you can work with them
just fine - they are normal Lucene indexes, just the field names, and
analyzers used are different.

I suggest you to look inside the demo app., and see how Lucene's API is
used.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><