Re:Re:How lucene and nucth work together?

Re:Re:How lucene and nucth work together?

Giovanni Dima
Andrzej,
I'm so sorry about still disturbing you!

I followed your suggest and i have found this code:

        try {
        searcher = new IndexSearcher(
                        IndexReader.open(indexName)     //create an indexSearcher for our page
                );
        } catch (Exception e) {

IndexSearcher is a class of  Lucene API, isn't this?

I have used as "indexName" the index created by nutch. When I access the lucene web page of my application, the system not produce any exception, but the result list is always empty  (for any search keyword used).

What's wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Giovanni
Atitlan Engineering, Pisa

Re: How lucene and nucth work together?

Andrzej Białecki-2
Giovanni Dima wrote:
> Andrzej, I'm so sorry about still disturbing you!
>
> I followed your suggest and i have found this code:
>
> try { searcher = new IndexSearcher( IndexReader.open(indexName)
> //create an indexSearcher for our page ); } catch (Exception e) {
>

> IndexSearcher is a class of  Lucene API, isn't this?

Yes.

> I have used as "indexName" the index created by nutch. When I access
> the lucene web page of my application, the system not produce any

Lucene doesn't have any "web page" - Lucene is a library. This means
that you are using some kind of web application based on Lucene. The
exact details of how a query is run with the index (e.g. the default
field, analyzer, etc) depend on the application. You cannot just blindly
use a specific application (which assumes specific things about the
index) with any random index, and hope that it works...

Well, perhaps the only exception to that rule would be Luke
(http://www.getopt.org/luke), which you should try anyway to get a
better understanding of what's in the index.

> exception, but the result list is always empty  (for any search
> keyword used).
>
> What's wrong?

What is the query? What is the analyzer?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><