Re: Requests per second/minute monitor?

12

Re: PriceJunkie.com using solr!

Matthew Runo
Wow.

Those sound like some really great features, ones that I'd also love
to use!

What do we need to do to convince you to put them in the SOLR repo?

On May 17, 2007, at 8:20 AM, Martin Grotzke wrote:

> Very nice and really fast, congrats!
>
> Are you willing to provide the mentioned features to solr users?
> I think espacially the category to facet management (facet groups)
> is really useful...
> It would be very nice to have this problem solved once... :)
>
> Cheers,
> Martin
>

> On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 16:28 -0500, Mike Austin wrote:
>> I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the creation of solr.
>> I've been
>> using it for a while now and I have recently brought one of my
>> side projects
>> online.  I have several other projects that will be using solr for
>> it's
>> search and facets.
>>
>> Please check out www.pricejunkie.com and let us know what you
>> think.. You
>> can give feedback and/or sign up on the mailing list for future
>> updates.
>> The site is very basic right now and many new and useful features
>> plus
>> merchants and product categories will be coming soon!  I thought
>> it would be
>> a good idea to at least have a few people use it to get some
>> feedback early
>> and often.
>>
>> Some of the nice things behind the scenes that we did with solr:
>> - created custom request handlers that have category to facet to
>> attribute
>> caching built in
>> - category to facet management
>> - ability to manage facet groups (attributes within a set facet)
>> and assign
>> them to categories
>> - ability to create any category structure and share facet groups
>>
>> - facet inheritance for any category (a facet group can be defined
>> on a
>> parent category and pushed down to all children)
>> - ability to create sub-categories as facets instead of normal sub
>> categories
>> - simple xml configuration for the final outputted category
>> configuration
>> file
>>

>> I'm sure there are more cool things but that is all for now.  Join
>> the
>> mailing list to see more improvements in the future.
>>
>> Also.. how do I get added to the Using Solr wiki page?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Mike Austin
>>
> --
> Martin Grotzke
> http://www.javakaffee.de/blog/

Re: PriceJunkie.com using solr!

Chris Hostetter-3

: Also.. how do I get added to the Using Solr wiki page?

Anyone can update the wiki, just click the Login link and create an
account -- the edit controls will start showing up.

RE: PriceJunkie.com using solr!

maustin
Thanks Tim.  Yes, the results are transformed with xslt in the .net page
after getting the response xml back from the handler.  So, SOLR is called
via http from the very light .net page.  Besides the transform, SOLR does
all of the work with the help of some of my custom classes that utilizes a
generated xml config file that has category to facet to query item type
mappings.

RE: PriceJunkie.com using solr!

maustin
Just one.