Re: Schema / Config Error?

G.Long
Hi :)

Looks like you forgot to paste your schema.xml and the error in your
e-mail : o

Gary

Le 06/06/2012 10:14, Spadez a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I installed a fresh copy of Solr 3.6.0 or my server but I get the following
> page when I try to access Solr:
>
> http://176.58.103.78:8080/solr/
>
> It says errors to do with my Solr.xml. This is my solr.xml:
>

> I really cant figure out how I am meant to fix this, so if anyone is able to
> give some input I would really appreciate it.
>
> James

Re: Schema / Config Error?

Erick Erickson
That implies one of two things:
1> you changed solr.xml. I'd go back to the original and re-edit
anything you've changed
2> you somehow got a corrupted download. Try blowing your installation
away and getting a new copy

Because it works perfectly for me.

Best
Erick

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 4:14 AM, Spadez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed a fresh copy of Solr 3.6.0 or my server but I get the following
> page when I try to access Solr:
>
> http://176.58.103.78:8080/solr/
>
> It says errors to do with my Solr.xml. This is my solr.xml:
>

> I really cant figure out how I am meant to fix this, so if anyone is able to
> give some input I would really appreciate it.
>
> James

Re: Schema / Config Error?

Shameema Umer
Make sure your port is 8983 or 8080.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]>wrote:

> That implies one of two things:
> 1> you changed solr.xml. I'd go back to the original and re-edit
> anything you've changed
> 2> you somehow got a corrupted download. Try blowing your installation
> away and getting a new copy
>
> Because it works perfectly for me.
>
> Best
> Erick
>
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 4:14 AM, Spadez <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I installed a fresh copy of Solr 3.6.0 or my server but I get the
> following
> > page when I try to access Solr:
> >
> > http://176.58.103.78:8080/solr/
> >
> > It says errors to do with my Solr.xml. This is my solr.xml:
> >

> > I really cant figure out how I am meant to fix this, so if anyone is
> able to
> > give some input I would really appreciate it.
> >
> > James

Re: Schema / Config Error?

Jack Krupansky-2
Read CHANGES.txt carefully, especially the section entitled "Upgrading from
Solr 3.5". For example,

"* As of Solr 3.6, the <indexDefaults> and <mainIndex> sections of
solrconfig.xml are deprecated
  and replaced with a new <indexConfig> section. Read more in SOLR-1052
below."

If you simply copied your schema/config directly, unchanged, then this could
be the problem.

You may need to compare your schema/config line-by-line to the new 3.6
schema/config for any differences.

-- Jack Krupansky

1> you changed solr.xml. I'd go back to the original and re-edit
anything you've changed
2> you somehow got a corrupted download. Try blowing your installation
away and getting a new copy

Because it works perfectly for me.

Best
Erick

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 4:14 AM, Spadez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed a fresh copy of Solr 3.6.0 or my server but I get the
> following
> page when I try to access Solr:
>
> http://176.58.103.78:8080/solr/
>
> It says errors to do with my Solr.xml. This is my solr.xml:
>

> I really cant figure out how I am meant to fix this, so if anyone is able
> give some input I would really appreciate it.
>
> James

Re: Schema / Config Error?

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
As I understand, James is not upgrading, but trying to start a fresh downloaded 3.6.0.

James, can you provide some more details, especially, which AppServer are you using, how did you start Solr... Can you copy/paste the error msg from your log files?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com