Re: Upgrading solr to 8.2

kshitij tyagi
Also trie fileds have been updated to point fields, will that by any chance
degrade my response time by 50 percent?

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 1:37 PM kshitij tyagi <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I am currently upgrading my system from solr 6.6 to solr 8.2 :
>
> 1.  I am observing increased search time in my queries i.e. search response
> time is increasing along with cpu utilisation, although memory looks fine,
> on analysing heap dumps I figured out that queries are taking most of the
> time in Docstreamer.java file and method convertLuceneDocToSolrDoc.
> I saw a couple of Solr jira regarding the same, example : SOLR-11891,
> SOLR-1265.
>
> Can anyone please help me out by pointing out where I need to look out and
> what needs to be done in order to bring back my response time which was
> earlier?
>
> Regards,
> kshitij

Re: Upgrading solr to 8.2

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Please don’t cross-post, this discussion belongs in solr-user only.

Jan

> 14. jan. 2020 kl. 22:22 skrev kshitij tyagi <[hidden email]>:
>
> Also trie fileds have been updated to point fields, will that by any chance
> degrade my response time by 50 percent?
>
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 1:37 PM kshitij tyagi <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> I am currently upgrading my system from solr 6.6 to solr 8.2 :
>>
>> 1.  I am observing increased search time in my queries i.e. search response
>> time is increasing along with cpu utilisation, although memory looks fine,
>> on analysing heap dumps I figured out that queries are taking most of the
>> time in Docstreamer.java file and method convertLuceneDocToSolrDoc.
>> I saw a couple of Solr jira regarding the same, example : SOLR-11891,
>> SOLR-1265.
>>
>> Can anyone please help me out by pointing out where I need to look out and
>> what needs to be done in order to bring back my response time which was
>> earlier?
>>
>> Regards,
>> kshitij

Re: Upgrading solr to 8.2

kshitij tyagi-2
Hi,

Any suggestions from anyone?

Regards,
kshitij

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 4:11 PM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please don’t cross-post, this discussion belongs in solr-user only.
>
> Jan
>
> > 14. jan. 2020 kl. 22:22 skrev kshitij tyagi <[hidden email]
> >:
> >
> > Also trie fileds have been updated to point fields, will that by any
> chance
> > degrade my response time by 50 percent?
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 1:37 PM kshitij tyagi <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Team,
> >>
> >> I am currently upgrading my system from solr 6.6 to solr 8.2 :
> >>
> >> 1.  I am observing increased search time in my queries i.e. search
> response
> >> time is increasing along with cpu utilisation, although memory looks
> fine,
> >> on analysing heap dumps I figured out that queries are taking most of
> the
> >> time in Docstreamer.java file and method convertLuceneDocToSolrDoc.
> >> I saw a couple of Solr jira regarding the same, example : SOLR-11891,
> >> SOLR-1265.
> >>
> >> Can anyone please help me out by pointing out where I need to look out
> and
> >> what needs to be done in order to bring back my response time which was
> >> earlier?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> kshitij

Re: Upgrading solr to 8.2

Zara Parst
There has been modification in field types. I would suggest you need to
compare two schema and then may be you have to reindex it. Other than that
latest version has light footprint so it should be the case.