Re:Welcome Namgyu Kim as Lucene/Solr committer

Re:Welcome Namgyu Kim as Lucene/Solr committer

Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
Welcome!

Christine

From: [hidden email] At: 06/03/19 18:52:38
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Welcome Namgyu Kim as Lucene/Solr committer

Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Namgyu Kim as Lucene/ Solr committer!

Kim has been helping address technical debt and fixing bugs in the
last year, including a cleanup to our DutchAnalyzer[0] and
improvements to the StoredFieldsVisitor API[1]. More recently he also
started improving our korean analyzer[2].

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8582
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8805
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8784

Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
with a brief bio.

--
Adrien

Re: Welcome Namgyu Kim as Lucene/Solr committer

Christian Moen
Congrats, Namgyu!

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 4:36 AM Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome!

Christine

Re: Welcome Namgyu Kim as Lucene/Solr committer

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
Welcome Namgyu

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 12:32 PM Christian Moen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congrats, Namgyu!
>
> On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 4:36 AM Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome!
>>
>> Christine
>>
>> From: [hidden email] At: 06/03/19 18:52:38
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Welcome Namgyu Kim as Lucene/Solr committer
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Namgyu Kim as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>>
>> Kim has been helping address technical debt and fixing bugs in the
>> last year, including a cleanup to our DutchAnalyzer[0] and
>> improvements to the StoredFieldsVisitor API[1]. More recently he also
>> started improving our korean analyzer[2].
>>
>> [0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8582
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8805
>> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8784
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
>> with a brief bio.
>>
>> --
>> Adrien

Re: Welcome Namgyu Kim as Lucene/Solr committer

Tomoko Uchida
Hi,

I just contacted Namgyu Kim to ask he noticed this thread. He has
known the Lucene dev-list, but seems failed to subscribe it so far for
some reason.
I would like to restart this thread to invite him here. 🙂

Again, welcome Namgyu!

Thanks,
Tomoko

2019年6月6日(木) 15:21 Noble Paul <[hidden email]>:

> Welcome Namgyu
>
> On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 12:32 PM Christian Moen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Congrats, Namgyu!
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 4:36 AM Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Welcome!
> >>
> >> Christine
> >>
> >> From: [hidden email] At: 06/03/19 18:52:38
> >> To: [hidden email]
> >> Subject: Welcome Namgyu Kim as Lucene/Solr committer
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Please join me in welcoming Namgyu Kim as Lucene/ Solr committer!
> >>
> >> Kim has been helping address technical debt and fixing bugs in the
> >> last year, including a cleanup to our DutchAnalyzer[0] and
> >> improvements to the StoredFieldsVisitor API[1]. More recently he also
> >> started improving our korean analyzer[2].
> >>
> >> [0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8582
> >> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8805
> >> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8784
> >>
> >> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> >> with a brief bio.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Adrien

Re: Welcome Namgyu Kim as Lucene/Solr committer

Nhat Nguyen
Congrats and welcome Namgyu Kim!

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 12:03 PM Tomoko Uchida <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I just contacted Namgyu Kim to ask he noticed this thread. He has
known the Lucene dev-list, but seems failed to subscribe it so far for
some reason.
I would like to restart this thread to invite him here. 🙂

Again, welcome Namgyu!

Thanks,
Tomoko

2019年6月6日(木) 15:21 Noble Paul <[hidden email]>:

> Welcome Namgyu
>
> On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 12:32 PM Christian Moen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Congrats, Namgyu!
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 4:36 AM Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Welcome!
> >>
> >> Christine
> >>
> >> From: [hidden email] At: 06/03/19 18:52:38
> >> To: [hidden email]
> >> Subject: Welcome Namgyu Kim as Lucene/Solr committer
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Please join me in welcoming Namgyu Kim as Lucene/ Solr committer!
> >>
> >> Kim has been helping address technical debt and fixing bugs in the
> >> last year, including a cleanup to our DutchAnalyzer[0] and
> >> improvements to the StoredFieldsVisitor API[1]. More recently he also
> >> started improving our korean analyzer[2].
> >>
> >> [0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8582
> >> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8805
> >> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8784
> >>
> >> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> >> with a brief bio.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Adrien

Re: Welcome Namgyu Kim as Lucene/Solr committer

Tomoko Uchida
Hi all,

Seems Kim had a bit of trouble with subscribing the dev-list. I would
like to retry to have him in this thread again to confirm that he can
reply to here.

Namgyu Kim, can you please reply to this mail (if you receive this)?

2019年6月7日(金) 1:12 Nhat Nguyen <[hidden email]>:

> Congrats and welcome Namgyu Kim!
>
> On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 12:03 PM Tomoko Uchida <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just contacted Namgyu Kim to ask he noticed this thread. He has
>> known the Lucene dev-list, but seems failed to subscribe it so far for
>> some reason.
>> I would like to restart this thread to invite him here.
>>
>> Again, welcome Namgyu!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tomoko
>>
>> 2019年6月6日(木) 15:21 Noble Paul <[hidden email]>:
>> >
>> > Welcome Namgyu

Re: Welcome Namgyu Kim as Lucene/Solr committer

Namgyu Kim
Hi community.

I'm very sorry for the late reply.
I had some problems about the mailing list subscription.
Tomoko helped me, and I solved it well. (Thanks Tomoko!)

Thank you very much for your congratulations.
This is the most glorious thing in my career.
My name is Namgyu Kim.
I am currently working as a software engineer at Samsung Electronics.
It's my first job and worked for 2.5 years.

I knew about Lucene as I was preparing an internal seminar in company, and I fell in love with Lucene.
After that, I started to see the internal code one by one in my spare time, and I contributed to what I thought was necessary.

There seems to be a lot of contents that I can still contribute.
As Adrien said, I'm interested in Korean Analyzer these days and plan to improve it.

Anyway, thank you very much for your welcome!

Best regards,
Namgyu Kim

2019년 6월 7일 (금) 오후 4:21, Tomoko Uchida <[hidden email]>님이 작성: