Re: solr-user-subscribe

shafiq132
HI,
I am using Solr 6.x version for search purposes. Now data has been
increased into one shard. I have to create some additional shards and also
have to balance base on number of documents. According to my search, solr
does not provide rebalance API. Is it correct ? How can I do my job.

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 10:16 AM Hafiz Muhammad Shafiq <

Re: solr-user-subscribe

Shawn Heisey-2
On 10/24/2019 11:19 PM, Hafiz Muhammad Shafiq wrote:
> HI,
> I am using Solr 6.x version for search purposes. Now data has been
> increased into one shard. I have to create some additional shards and also
> have to balance base on number of documents. According to my search, solr
> does not provide rebalance API. Is it correct ? How can I do my job.

You will need to create the collection again.  If you're not already
running SolrCloud, you will need to change your Solr install so that it
is running in cloud mode.  Sharded indexes are possible without
SolrCloud, but SolrCloud will be a lot easier.

A wiki page that's more informative than helpful:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/HowToReindex

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: solr-user-subscribe

Erick Erickson
If you _are_ using SolrCloud, you can use the collections API SPLITSHARD command.