Recovering deleted files without backup

Alex Hanna
Hi all,

I've accidentally deleted some documents and am trying to recover them.
Unfortunately I don't have a snapshot or backup of the core, but have daily
backups of my VM. When my sysadmin restores the data folder, however,
the documents don't come back for some reason.

I'm running a pretty old version of Solr (5.x). Also, it looks like the
only new files created recently are .liv files, which were created at the
time of deletion, and also a segment_ file.

I'd love some guidance on this.

Thanks,
- A

--
Alex Hanna, PhD
alex-hanna.com
@alexhanna

Re: Recovering deleted files without backup

David Hastings
Just rebuild the index. Pretty sure they’re gone if they aren’t in your vm backup, and solr isn’t a document storage tool, it’s a place to index the data from your document store, so it’s understood more or less that it can always be rebuilt when needed