Reindex ALL Solr CORES in one GO..

Anupam Bhattacharya
Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to schedule full reindexing of all solr cores without going
to individually to the DIH screen of each core ?

Thanks & Regards
Anupam Bhattacharya

Re: Reindex ALL Solr CORES in one GO..

Gora Mohanty-3
On 26 December 2012 18:06, Anupam Bhattacharya <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Is it possible to schedule full reindexing of all solr cores without going
> to individually to the DIH screen of each core ?

One could quite easily write a wrapper around Solr's
URLs for indexing. You could use a tool like curl, a
simple shell script, or pretty much any programming
language to do this.

Regards,
Gora

Re: Reindex ALL Solr CORES in one GO..

Anupam Bhattacharya
Thanks Gora,

I can definitely trigger the full re-indexing using CURL for multiple cores
although if i try to index multiple cores (more than 4-5 cores)
simultaneously then the re-indexing fails due to DB connection pool
problems( Connection not available ). Thus I need to schedule indexing once
the previous indexing is over. Unfortunately to track the status of
indexing for a core one need to keeping pinging the server to check
completion status. Is there a way to get a response from SOLR once the
indexing is complete ?

How can i increase the connection pool size in SOLR ?

Regards
Anupam

Thanks & Regards
Anupam Bhattacharya

Re: Reindex ALL Solr CORES in one GO..

iorixxx
> Unfortunately to track the
> status of
> indexing for a core one need to keeping pinging the server
> to check
> completion status. Is there a way to get a response from
> SOLR once the
> indexing is complete ?

Yes it is possible :
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#EventListeners