Release Announcement: General Availability of Java 13 / JDK 13

Release Announcement: General Availability of Java 13 / JDK 13

Rory O'Donnell Oracle, Dublin Ireland

 Hi Uwe & Dawid,

Release Announcement: General Availability of Java 13 / JDK 13 [1]

This release includes the following five features:

  • 350: Dynamic CDS Archives
  • 351: ZGC: Uncommit Unused Memory
  • 353: Reimplement the Legacy Socket API
  • 354: Switch Expressions (Preview)
  • 355: Text Blocks (Preview)

Along with many smaller enhancements and bug fixes.

Thanks to everyone who contributed JDK 13, whether by creating features or enhancements, logging  bugs, or downloading and testing the early-access builds.

JDK 14 EA build 14, under both the GPL and Oracle EA licenses, is now available at http://jdk.java.net/14 .

Quality Report for September 2019 is available

Rgds,Rory

[1] https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2019-September/003335.html

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager
Oracle EMEA, Dublin,Ireland

RE: Release Announcement: General Availability of Java 13 / JDK 13

Uwe Schindler

Hi Rory,

thanks for the reminder! I updated all Jenkins jobs to now use the GA build and I also updated the JDK 14-ea builds.

Thanks,

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen

https://www.thetaphi.de

Release Announcement: General Availability of Java 13 / JDK 13 [1]

This release includes the following five features:

  • 350: Dynamic CDS Archives
  • 351: ZGC: Uncommit Unused Memory
  • 353: Reimplement the Legacy Socket API
  • 354: Switch Expressions (Preview)
  • 355: Text Blocks (Preview)

Along with many smaller enhancements and bug fixes.

Thanks to everyone who contributed JDK 13, whether by creating features or enhancements, logging  bugs, or downloading and testing the early-access builds.

JDK 14 EA build 14, under both the GPL and Oracle EA licenses, is now available at http://jdk.java.net/14 .

  • JEPs targeted to JDK 14, so far
  • Release Notes
  • Recent Bug fixes of Interest
    • Build 14:
      • 8229785: MethodType::fromMethodDescriptorString requires "getClassLoader" permission
      • 8212117: Classes are now loaded and linked by Class.forName()
      • 8228854: Default ErrorListener No Longer Reports Warnings and Errors to the Console

Oracle EMEA, Dublin,Ireland