Release Announcement: General Availability of Java 15 / JDK 15

Release Announcement: General Availability of Java 15 / JDK 15

Rory O'Donnell Oracle, Dublin Ireland

Hi Uwe & Dawid,

Release Announcement: General Availability of Java 15 / JDK 15 [1]

  • JDK 15, the reference implementation of Java 15, is now Generally Available.
  • GPL-licensed OpenJDK builds from Oracle are available here: http://jdk.java.net/15/
  • JDK 15 Release notes
JDK 15 includes fourteen features [2]:

Thanks to everyone who contributed to JDK 15, whether by creating features or enhancements, logging  bugs, or downloading and testing the early-access builds.

OpenJDK 16 Early Access build 15 is now available at http://jdk.java.net/16
  • Significant changes since the last availability email:
    • Build 15
      • JDK-8244090: public lookup should find public members of public exported types (Reported by Eclipse Jetty)
      • JDK-8250968: Symlinks attributes not preserved when using jarsigner on zip files
    • Build 14
      • JDK-8189744: Deprecate the JDK-specific API for setting socket options, jdk.net.Sockets
      • JDK-8241003: Deprecate "denigrated" java.security.cert APIs that represent DNs as Principal or String objects
      • JDK-8245462: The default HttpClient implementation returns cancelable futures

Rgds,Rory

[1] https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2020-September/004733.html
[2] https://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/15/
--
Rgds, Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager
Oracle EMEA, Dublin, Ireland

RE: Release Announcement: General Availability of Java 15 / JDK 15

Uwe Schindler-2

Hi Rory,

I will reconfigure the Jenkins server to use those new builds (or better I will rename the folders of the RC build, so it’s handled as the final build). I will also enable 16-EA builds, I had no time to do this yet.

One question about the features: Is Shenanndoah included or not (in Oracle builds)? The list of features mentions it, but Oracle always excluded it from their builds.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

[hidden email]

ASF Member, Apache Lucene PMC / Committer

Bremen, Germany

https://lucene.apache.org/

Release Announcement: General Availability of Java 15 / JDK 15 [1]

  • JDK 15, the reference implementation of Java 15, is now Generally Available.
  • GPL-licensed OpenJDK builds from Oracle are available here: http://jdk.java.net/15/
  • JDK 15 Release notes

JDK 15 includes fourteen features [2]:

Thanks to everyone who contributed to JDK 15, whether by creating features or enhancements, logging  bugs, or downloading and testing the early-access builds.

OpenJDK 16 Early Access build 15 is now available at http://jdk.java.net/16

  • JEPs integrated to JDK 16:

Oracle EMEA, Dublin, Ireland

On 15/09/2020 16:30, Uwe Schindler wrote:

Hi Rory,

I will reconfigure the Jenkins server to use those new builds (or better I will rename the folders of the RC build, so it’s handled as the final build). I will also enable 16-EA builds, I had no time to do this yet.

Great , thanks.

One question about the features: Is Shenanndoah included or not (in Oracle builds)? The list of features mentions it, but Oracle always excluded it from their builds.

That is correct, it is not included in our builds.

Rgds,Rory

Uwe

-----