Release Planning

Nutch Developer-2
Hello nutch people,

it seems that the next nutch version 0.8 would be a bigger redesign of the
old nutch.
Definitely there will be some very cool features that the world is waiting
for.

Currently me and the other folks in my project thinking about using nutch.
The integration of nutch into our software would start in about two month.

My question:
Is there some release planning for nutch? What is the estimated date for
a stable version of 0.8? Is there a change that 0.8 is available in two
month?

By the way:
What are the criteria for a version 1.0 of nutch?

Thanks!

Re: Release Planning

Doug Cutting
Nutch developer wrote:
> What is the estimated date for a stable version of 0.8?

I'm hoping to have a stable release of Hadoop by April 15th.  This
should substantially stablilize Nutch.  So a 0.8 release of Nutch should
probably follow shortly thereafter.

> By the way:
> What are the criteria for a version 1.0 of nutch?

Features I'd like to see are:

1. Simpler, more reliable distributed search (e.g., based on MapReduce)

2. A web-based configuration GUI.

Keep in mind however that in an all-volunteer organization it is hard to
pin down release dates and feature schedules.

Doug