Release Solr 5.5.3

Anshum Gupta
Hi,

With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it impacts all users with high indexing rates.

If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else, I'll be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.

Anshum Gupta

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Shai Erera
Right, it affects SSL-enabled Solr more quickly. I do not know if it eventually affects non-SSL Solr, I guess not ...

Also, it's not about high indexing rates, as it's reproduced with 9 docs/sec, IIRC.

Anyway, it certainly affected several users already, so I'm +1 for the release.

Shai

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 11:35 PM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Okay.  BTW SOLR-9290 isn't "Just" high indexing rates, but it's for those using SSL too -- correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't want to raise alarm bells too loudly :-)

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it impacts all users with high indexing rates.

If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else, I'll be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Anshum Gupta
As Shai mentioned, it is actually about SSL + indexing requests leading to unstable state in Solr.

How quickly that state is reached is a function of # indexing requests. Thanks for correcting me on that one :-).

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:35 PM, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Okay.  BTW SOLR-9290 isn't "Just" high indexing rates, but it's for those using SSL too -- correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't want to raise alarm bells too loudly :-)

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it impacts all users with high indexing rates.

If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else, I'll be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.

--
Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Erick Erickson
I also would like to get SOLR-7280 in, Noble and I just checked it in
to that branch as well.

Erick

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As Shai mentioned, it is actually about SSL + indexing requests leading to
> unstable state in Solr.
>
> How quickly that state is reached is a function of # indexing requests.
> Thanks for correcting me on that one :-).
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:35 PM, David Smiley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Okay.  BTW SOLR-9290 isn't "Just" high indexing rates, but it's for those
>> using SSL too -- correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't want to raise alarm
>> bells too loudly :-)
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it
>>> impacts all users with high indexing rates.
>>>
>>> If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else,
>>> I'll be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Anshum Gupta
>>
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>

> --
> Anshum Gupta

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Pushkar Raste

Can we also get SOLR-9310 in as well

On Jul 20, 2016 6:28 PM, "Erick Erickson" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I also would like to get SOLR-7280 in, Noble and I just checked it in
to that branch as well.

Erick

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
> As Shai mentioned, it is actually about SSL + indexing requests leading to
> unstable state in Solr.
>
> How quickly that state is reached is a function of # indexing requests.
> Thanks for correcting me on that one :-).
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:35 PM, David Smiley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Okay.  BTW SOLR-9290 isn't "Just" high indexing rates, but it's for those
>> using SSL too -- correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't want to raise alarm
>> bells too loudly :-)
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it
>>> impacts all users with high indexing rates.
>>>
>>> If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else,
>>> I'll be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Anshum Gupta
>>
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>

> --
> Anshum Gupta

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Anshum Gupta
I plan on cutting the RC later tonight or tomorrow, unless there are objections.

@Noble: Can you comment on the status of SOLR-9310 (on the JIRA) and if it makes sense to hold 5.5.3 ?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:00 AM, Pushkar Raste <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can we also get SOLR-9310 in as well

On Jul 20, 2016 6:28 PM, "Erick Erickson" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I also would like to get SOLR-7280 in, Noble and I just checked it in
to that branch as well.

Erick

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
> As Shai mentioned, it is actually about SSL + indexing requests leading to
> unstable state in Solr.
>
> How quickly that state is reached is a function of # indexing requests.
> Thanks for correcting me on that one :-).
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:35 PM, David Smiley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Okay.  BTW SOLR-9290 isn't "Just" high indexing rates, but it's for those
>> using SSL too -- correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't want to raise alarm
>> bells too loudly :-)
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it
>>> impacts all users with high indexing rates.
>>>
>>> If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else,
>>> I'll be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Anshum Gupta
>>
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>

> --
> Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Anshum Gupta
UPDATE: I'm just holding back to see if we can have a solution for SOLR-9310 and have # of upgrades for our users. If we don't have any clarity by Thursday, I'll start working on the release.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
I plan on cutting the RC later tonight or tomorrow, unless there are objections.

@Noble: Can you comment on the status of SOLR-9310 (on the JIRA) and if it makes sense to hold 5.5.3 ?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:00 AM, Pushkar Raste <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can we also get SOLR-9310 in as well

On Jul 20, 2016 6:28 PM, "Erick Erickson" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I also would like to get SOLR-7280 in, Noble and I just checked it in
to that branch as well.

Erick

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
> As Shai mentioned, it is actually about SSL + indexing requests leading to
> unstable state in Solr.
>
> How quickly that state is reached is a function of # indexing requests.
> Thanks for correcting me on that one :-).
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:35 PM, David Smiley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Okay.  BTW SOLR-9290 isn't "Just" high indexing rates, but it's for those
>> using SSL too -- correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't want to raise alarm
>> bells too loudly :-)
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it
>>> impacts all users with high indexing rates.
>>>
>>> If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else,
>>> I'll be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Anshum Gupta
>>
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>

> --
> Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Anshum Gupta
With SOLR-9310 out of the door and 6.2.0 out, this is a good time to resume the 5.5.3 release. Unless any one has any objections, I'll have an RC out on Wednesday.

-Anshum

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 12:08 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
UPDATE: I'm just holding back to see if we can have a solution for SOLR-9310 and have # of upgrades for our users. If we don't have any clarity by Thursday, I'll start working on the release.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
I plan on cutting the RC later tonight or tomorrow, unless there are objections.

@Noble: Can you comment on the status of SOLR-9310 (on the JIRA) and if it makes sense to hold 5.5.3 ?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:00 AM, Pushkar Raste <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can we also get SOLR-9310 in as well

On Jul 20, 2016 6:28 PM, "Erick Erickson" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I also would like to get SOLR-7280 in, Noble and I just checked it in
to that branch as well.

Erick

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
> As Shai mentioned, it is actually about SSL + indexing requests leading to
> unstable state in Solr.
>
> How quickly that state is reached is a function of # indexing requests.
> Thanks for correcting me on that one :-).
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:35 PM, David Smiley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Okay.  BTW SOLR-9290 isn't "Just" high indexing rates, but it's for those
>> using SSL too -- correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't want to raise alarm
>> bells too loudly :-)
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it
>>> impacts all users with high indexing rates.
>>>
>>> If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else,
>>> I'll be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Anshum Gupta
>>
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>

> --
> Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

RE: Release Solr 5.5.3

Uwe Schindler

Hi Anshum,

I will now enable the tests for 5.5 branch on Jenkins!

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

http://www.thetaphi.de

With SOLR-9310 out of the door and 6.2.0 out, this is a good time to resume the 5.5.3 release. Unless any one has any objections, I'll have an RC out on Wednesday.

-Anshum

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 12:08 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

UPDATE: I'm just holding back to see if we can have a solution for SOLR-9310 and have # of upgrades for our users. If we don't have any clarity by Thursday, I'll start working on the release.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

I plan on cutting the RC later tonight or tomorrow, unless there are objections.

@Noble: Can you comment on the status of SOLR-9310 (on the JIRA) and if it makes sense to hold 5.5.3 ?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:00 AM, Pushkar Raste <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can we also get SOLR-9310 in as well

On Jul 20, 2016 6:28 PM, "Erick Erickson" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I also would like to get SOLR-7280 in, Noble and I just checked it in
to that branch as well.

Erick

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As Shai mentioned, it is actually about SSL + indexing requests leading to
> unstable state in Solr.
>
> How quickly that state is reached is a function of # indexing requests.
> Thanks for correcting me on that one :-).
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:35 PM, David Smiley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Okay.  BTW SOLR-9290 isn't "Just" high indexing rates, but it's for those
>> using SSL too -- correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't want to raise alarm
>> bells too loudly :-)
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it
>>> impacts all users with high indexing rates.
>>>
>>> If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else,
>>> I'll be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Anshum Gupta
>>
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>

> --
> Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

With SOLR-9310 out of the door and 6.2.0 out, this is a good time to resume the 5.5.3 release. Unless any one has any objections, I'll have an RC out on Wednesday.

-Anshum

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 12:08 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

UPDATE: I'm just holding back to see if we can have a solution for SOLR-9310 and have # of upgrades for our users. If we don't have any clarity by Thursday, I'll start working on the release.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

I plan on cutting the RC later tonight or tomorrow, unless there are objections.

@Noble: Can you comment on the status of SOLR-9310 (on the JIRA) and if it makes sense to hold 5.5.3 ?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:00 AM, Pushkar Raste <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can we also get SOLR-9310 in as well

On Jul 20, 2016 6:28 PM, "Erick Erickson" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I also would like to get SOLR-7280 in, Noble and I just checked it in
to that branch as well.

Erick

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As Shai mentioned, it is actually about SSL + indexing requests leading to
> unstable state in Solr.
>
> How quickly that state is reached is a function of # indexing requests.
> Thanks for correcting me on that one :-).
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:35 PM, David Smiley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Okay.  BTW SOLR-9290 isn't "Just" high indexing rates, but it's for those
>> using SSL too -- correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't want to raise alarm
>> bells too loudly :-)
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it
>>> impacts all users with high indexing rates.
>>>
>>> If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else,
>>> I'll be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Anshum Gupta
>>
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>

> --
> Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

With SOLR-9310 out of the door and 6.2.0 out, this is a good time to resume the 5.5.3 release. Unless any one has any objections, I'll have an RC out on Wednesday.

-Anshum

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 12:08 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

UPDATE: I'm just holding back to see if we can have a solution for SOLR-9310 and have # of upgrades for our users. If we don't have any clarity by Thursday, I'll start working on the release.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

I plan on cutting the RC later tonight or tomorrow, unless there are objections.

@Noble: Can you comment on the status of SOLR-9310 (on the JIRA) and if it makes sense to hold 5.5.3 ?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:00 AM, Pushkar Raste <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can we also get SOLR-9310 in as well

On Jul 20, 2016 6:28 PM, "Erick Erickson" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I also would like to get SOLR-7280 in, Noble and I just checked it in
to that branch as well.

Erick

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As Shai mentioned, it is actually about SSL + indexing requests leading to
> unstable state in Solr.
>
> How quickly that state is reached is a function of # indexing requests.
> Thanks for correcting me on that one :-).
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:35 PM, David Smiley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Okay.  BTW SOLR-9290 isn't "Just" high indexing rates, but it's for those
>> using SSL too -- correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't want to raise alarm
>> bells too loudly :-)
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it
>>> impacts all users with high indexing rates.
>>>
>>> If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else,
>>> I'll be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Anshum Gupta
>>
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>

> --
> Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

With SOLR-9310 out of the door and 6.2.0 out, this is a good time to resume the 5.5.3 release. Unless any one has any objections, I'll have an RC out on Wednesday.

-Anshum

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 12:08 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

UPDATE: I'm just holding back to see if we can have a solution for SOLR-9310 and have # of upgrades for our users. If we don't have any clarity by Thursday, I'll start working on the release.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

I plan on cutting the RC later tonight or tomorrow, unless there are objections.

@Noble: Can you comment on the status of SOLR-9310 (on the JIRA) and if it makes sense to hold 5.5.3 ?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:00 AM, Pushkar Raste <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can we also get SOLR-9310 in as well

On Jul 20, 2016 6:28 PM, "Erick Erickson" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I also would like to get SOLR-7280 in, Noble and I just checked it in
to that branch as well.

Erick

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As Shai mentioned, it is actually about SSL + indexing requests leading to
> unstable state in Solr.
>
> How quickly that state is reached is a function of # indexing requests.
> Thanks for correcting me on that one :-).
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:35 PM, David Smiley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Okay.  BTW SOLR-9290 isn't "Just" high indexing rates, but it's for those
>> using SSL too -- correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't want to raise alarm
>> bells too loudly :-)
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it
>>> impacts all users with high indexing rates.
>>>
>>> If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else,
>>> I'll be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Anshum Gupta
>>
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>

> --
> Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

--

Anshum Gupta

With SOLR-9310 out of the door and 6.2.0 out, this is a good time to resume the 5.5.3 release. Unless any one has any objections, I'll have an RC out on Wednesday.

-Anshum

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 12:08 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

UPDATE: I'm just holding back to see if we can have a solution for SOLR-9310 and have # of upgrades for our users. If we don't have any clarity by Thursday, I'll start working on the release.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

I plan on cutting the RC later tonight or tomorrow, unless there are objections.

@Noble: Can you comment on the status of SOLR-9310 (on the JIRA) and if it makes sense to hold 5.5.3 ?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:00 AM, Pushkar Raste <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can we also get SOLR-9310 in as well

On Jul 20, 2016 6:28 PM, "Erick Erickson" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I also would like to get SOLR-7280 in, Noble and I just checked it in
to that branch as well.

Erick

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As Shai mentioned, it is actually about SSL + indexing requests leading to
> unstable state in Solr.
>
> How quickly that state is reached is a function of # indexing requests.
> Thanks for correcting me on that one :-).
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:35 PM, David Smiley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Okay.  BTW SOLR-9290 isn't "Just" high indexing rates, but it's for those
>> using SSL too -- correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't want to raise alarm
>> bells too loudly :-)
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it
>>> impacts all users with high indexing rates.
>>>
>>> If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else,
>>> I'll be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Anshum Gupta
>>
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>

> --
> Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

--

Anshum Gupta

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Anshum Gupta
The release notes (draft) can be found here:

Please feel free to edit/fix it.

-Anshum

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:35 PM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Okay.  BTW SOLR-9290 isn't "Just" high indexing rates, but it's for those using SSL too -- correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't want to raise alarm bells too loudly :-)

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it impacts all users with high indexing rates.

If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else, I'll be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
Anhum,
Minutes ago I went and committed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7417 to master, branch_6x, branch_5x, and branch_5_5.  While on both the v5 branches, I noticed the last 5.5.x was specifically 5.5.2 so I went and added this under a new 5.5.3.   That is now committed.  Then the realization hits me that you're doing a 5.5.3 release and it just passed a vote  So I guess I should change those entries to be 5.5.4 and probably also add a blank 5.5.3 section so it's clear there were not additions in 5.5.3 for Lucene?  BTW I think this bug is "minor" IMO.
~ David

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 1:29 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
The release notes (draft) can be found here:

Please feel free to edit/fix it.

-Anshum

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:35 PM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Okay.  BTW SOLR-9290 isn't "Just" high indexing rates, but it's for those using SSL too -- correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't want to raise alarm bells too loudly :-)

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it impacts all users with high indexing rates.

If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else, I'll be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Anshum Gupta
Hey David,

I'm just about to update the website and send out the notification for 5.5.3 in a few hours (as soon as I get some time at work). About the section, I assume you are talking about the CHANGES.txt file and I should've done that as part of the release process but I think I missed the 5x, and master branches. I've added the 5.5.3 section to both, and moved your entry to a new 5.5.4 section on the 5x branch.
5.5.4 section addition on branch_5_5 is a part of the post-release process, so I'll remember to move this to the correct section when I add that.