Request for suggestion/pointers

SorabhApache
Hi,
I am new to the community and is interested in learning about Lucene architecture and capabilities. Before diving into the code directly I am looking for some suggestion/pointers on how to start about it. Probably something which can give a high level overview and talk about few core concepts in depth, that will help to grasp code easily. I have some SQL background, and wanted to compare/understand how Lucene does search query planning (parsing/generating AST, etc) and if there is any concept of creating statistics about the data being indexed. Please advice.

Thanks,
Sorabh

Re: Request for suggestion/pointers

SorabhApache
Gentle reminder for below email.

Thanks,
Sorabh

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 5:53 PM SorabhApache <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I am new to the community and is interested in learning about Lucene architecture and capabilities. Before diving into the code directly I am looking for some suggestion/pointers on how to start about it. Probably something which can give a high level overview and talk about few core concepts in depth, that will help to grasp code easily. I have some SQL background, and wanted to compare/understand how Lucene does search query planning (parsing/generating AST, etc) and if there is any concept of creating statistics about the data being indexed. Please advice.

Thanks,
Sorabh

Re: Request for suggestion/pointers

Ankur Goel
Hi Sorabh,
               I'd recommend starting with the documentation here

This talk from Adrien Grand does a good job of explaining how Indexing and Searching works in Lucene

Blog posts from Mike McCandless provide great insights into different areas of lucene

Note: You can search through the blog posts for topics of interest but the search box itself is not very prominent :-)

Hope this helps

-Ankur