Restart number of vcores in YARN

Alvaro Brandon
Hello everyone:

I've changed yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores in my yarn-site.xml configuration file and restarted all the yarn and hdfs services. However the nodes doesn't reflect this change in the number of available virtual cores, at least when I query the resource manager API. How can you refresh this yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores in the cluster?

Thanks in advance

Re: Restart number of vcores in YARN

Sunil Govind
Hi Alvaro

yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores will help to configure the vcores. And one of the option to refresh this information is to restart nodemanager. However you also need to ensure that the changed "yarn-site.xml" path is present in nodemanager's class path. Pls ensure $HADOOP_CONF_DIR is correctly set and has the updated yarn-site.xml in it.

Thanks
Sunil