Rethinking how we publish the Solr Ref Guide

12

Re: Rethinking how we publish the Solr Ref Guide

Cassandra Targett
Yes, it does need to be updated. I was waiting to do that until I informed the user list about the change to not publish a PDF any longer which I’m ready to send now, so I’ll also fix the redirect link.

Cassandra
On Oct 28, 2019, 12:23 PM -0500, Gus Heck <[hidden email]>, wrote:
Ah yes I assumed that the original link had come from a good source... OTOH https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/field-types-included-with-solr.html still needs to be updated to point to 8_2 I think.

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 1:01 PM Chris Hostetter <[hidden email]> wrote:

: The redirection is wrong, if you remove "latest" from the urls with 8_1 in

The "redirection" rules appear to be working as designed -- but AFAIK they
were never designed with any idea of having a "latest/" path.

the Latest URL has no is just the page name w/o a version number, not the
page name prefixed with "latest/".

Specifically this is suppose to be the "latest" URL for the page in
question...

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/field-types-included-with-solr.html

: > I was trying to access
: > https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/latest/field-types-included-with-solr.html

...where did you find that link?

I'm pretty sure the place that linked to that URL is the place that has a
mistake.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/