Retrieving json.facet from a search

WebsterHomer
I have a fairly large existing code base for querying Solr. It is
architected where common code calls solr and returns a solrj QueryResponse
object.

I'm currently using Solr 7.2 the code interacts with solr using the Solrj
client api

I have a need that would be very easily met by using the json.facet api.
The problem is that I don't see how to get the json.facet out of a
QueryResponse object.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion on line about this.
Is there a way to get the Json object out of the QueryResponse?

--

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be
privileged or

from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do
not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this
message which may
arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages
resulting from any
unauthorized changes of the content of this message and
any attachment thereto.
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not guarantee
that this message is free of viruses and does
not accept liability for any
damages caused by any virus transmitted
therewith.

Click http://www.emdgroup.com/disclaimer
<http://www.emdgroup.com/disclaimer> to access the
German, French, Spanish
and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

Re: Retrieving json.facet from a search

Yonik Seeley
There isn't typed support, but you can use the generic support like so:

.getResponse().get("facets")

-Yonik

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 2:31 PM, Webster Homer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a fairly large existing code base for querying Solr. It is
> architected where common code calls solr and returns a solrj QueryResponse
> object.
>
> I'm currently using Solr 7.2 the code interacts with solr using the Solrj
> client api
>
> I have a need that would be very easily met by using the json.facet api.
> The problem is that I don't see how to get the json.facet out of a
> QueryResponse object.
>
> There doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion on line about this.
> Is there a way to get the Json object out of the QueryResponse?
>
> --
>

> This message and any attachment are confidential and may be
> privileged or
> otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
> recipient,
> you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the
> contents to
> any other person. If you have received this transmission in error,
> please
> notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment
>
> from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
> subsidiaries do
> not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this
> message which may
> arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages
> resulting from any
> unauthorized changes of the content of this message and
> any attachment thereto.
> Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
> subsidiaries do not guarantee
> that this message is free of viruses and does
> not accept liability for any
> damages caused by any virus transmitted
> therewith.
>

> Click http://www.emdgroup.com/disclaimer
> <http://www.emdgroup.com/disclaimer> to access the
> German, French, Spanish
> and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

Re: Retrieving json.facet from a search

Jason Gerlowski
You might also have luck using the "NoOpResponseParser"

https://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2015/01/08/using-solr-cloud-for-robustness-but-returning-json-format/
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/7_0_0/solr-solrj/org/apache/solr/client/solrj/impl/NoOpResponseParser.html

(Disclaimer: Didn't try this out, but it looks like what you want).