Return only one result per results group Return

Return only one result per results group Return

Debra-3
Is there a way to receive only one result for each group of search results depending on a specified group field.

Example:
Searching a list of  articles with author as the group field would return articles that match the query but will return only one article per author even if the author has more then one article matching the query.

Thank you

Re: Return only one result per results group Return

Dmitry-17
Debra,
What code are using in your application to operate with Groups, can you
provide example.

Thanks,
DT
www.ejinz.com
EjinZ Search News
> Is there a way to receive only one result for each group of search results
> depending on a specified group field.
>
> Example:
> Searching a list of  articles with author as the group field would return
> articles that match the query but will return only one article per author
> even if the author has more then one article matching the query.
>
> Thank you

Re: Return only one result per results group Return

Debra-3
I'm not sure what you are refering to as code to operate with group. In the example I gave a group is a group of articles from the same author.
Thank you,

Does lucene have a built in option to return only one document from the same group of documents even if there are more documents matching the search within that group.

It will save me  the need to write code to filter out the results returned.

Dmitry-17 wrote