Rotate Solr Logfiles

DINSD | SPAutores

Hi,

I'm currently using Solr-8.5.2 with a default log4j2.xml and trying to do the following :

Each time an event appears in the log file, i check, rectify if necessary and clean (Rotate) the logfiles.

This causes the solr.log file to run out of data, which is what we want.

However if I use the web interface, "localhost: port", and view the "Logging" option,
messages remain visible.

Any idea why this is happening, or other way to "force rotate"?

Best regards
Rui

Assinatura SPA
Rui Pimentel

DINSD - Departamento de Informática / SPA Digital

Esta mensagem electrónica, incluindo qualquer dos seus anexos, contém informação PRIVADA, CONFIDENCIAL e de DIVULGAÇÃO PROIBIDA,e destina-se unicamente à pessoa e endereço electrónico acima indicados.
Se não for o destinatário desta mensagem, agradecemos que a elimine e nos comunique de imediato através do telefone  +351 21 359 44 00 ou por email para: [hidden email]

This electronic mail transmission including any attachment hereof, contains information that is PRIVATE, CONFIDENTIAL and PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE, and it is only for the use of the person and the e-mail address above indicated. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please destroy it and notify us immediately through the telephone number  +351 21 359 44 00 or at the e-mail address:  [hidden email]

Assinatura SPA

Re: Rotate Solr Logfiles

Erick Erickson
Possibly browser caches? Try using a private window or purging your browser caches.

Shot in the dark…

Best,
Erick

> On Oct 15, 2020, at 5:41 AM, DINSD | SPAutores <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently using Solr-8.5.2 with a default log4j2.xml and trying to do the following :
>
> Each time an event appears in the log file, i check, rectify if necessary and clean (Rotate) the logfiles.
>
> This causes the solr.log file to run out of data, which is what we want.
>
> However if I use the web interface, "localhost: port", and view the "Logging" option,
> messages remain visible.
>
> Any idea why this is happening, or other way to "force rotate"?
>
> Best regards
> Rui
>

> Rui Pimentel
>
> <dkckcjfgnphbpgef.png>
>
> DINSD - Departamento de Informática / SPA Digital
> Av. Duque de Loulé, 31 - 1069-153 Lisboa  PORTUGAL
> T (+ 351) 21 359 44 36 / (+ 351) 21 359 44 00  F (+ 351) 21 353 02 57
> <igchnokmjgbglgmh.png> [hidden email]
> <fcddaopipgcdidlk.png> www.SPAutores.pt
> <kdmpgclgicaibemi.png>    <flgkchclmfiondko.png>    <afjbgdoldkiclkii.png>
>
> Esta mensagem electrónica, incluindo qualquer dos seus anexos, contém informação PRIVADA, CONFIDENCIAL e de DIVULGAÇÃO PROIBIDA,e destina-se unicamente à pessoa e endereço electrónico acima indicados. Se não for o destinatário desta mensagem, agradecemos que a elimine e nos comunique de imediato através do telefone  +351 21 359 44 00 ou por email para: [hidden email]
>
> This electronic mail transmission including any attachment hereof, contains information that is PRIVATE, CONFIDENTIAL and PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE, and it is only for the use of the person and the e-mail address above indicated. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please destroy it and notify us immediately through the telephone number  +351 21 359 44 00 or at the e-mail address:  [hidden email]

Re: Rotate Solr Logfiles

DINSD | SPAutores

Hi Erick,

I tried with four different browsers, whit clear caches.

Appears in any of them.

Assinatura SPA Best