RunningJob api change?

Michael Bieniosek-2
I'm trying to upgrade my code to 0.11.2, and I notice that HADOOP-801 has
added an undocumented new method to the RunningJob interface
(getTaskCompletionEvents(int)).  What should this method return?  What do
the parameters to the TaskCompletionEvent constructor mean?

Thanks,
Michael

Re: RunningJob api change?

Owen O'Malley-5

On Mar 6, 2007, at 10:04 AM, Michael Bieniosek wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade my code to 0.11.2, and I notice that
> HADOOP-801 has
> added an undocumented new method to the RunningJob interface
> (getTaskCompletionEvents(int)).  What should this method return?
> What do
> the parameters to the TaskCompletionEvent constructor mean?

getTaskCompletionEvents gets a list of task completion events for a
given job. The task completion events are basically when a task
completes or fails. The startFrom is the index in the log to start
from, so that you can do the equivalent of tail -f.

-- Owen