SOLR-15056 change circuit breaker metric

SOLR-15056 change circuit breaker metric

Walter Underwood
Starting work on this change. Should that be against branch_8x?

wunder
Walter Underwood
[hidden email]
http://observer.wunderwood.org/  (my blog)

Re: SOLR-15056 change circuit breaker metric

David Smiley
Glad to see you contributing Walter!

Unless you know it only applies to 8x, you should branch against master.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 4:26 PM Walter Underwood <[hidden email]> wrote:
Starting work on this change. Should that be against branch_8x?

wunder
Walter Underwood
[hidden email]
http://observer.wunderwood.org/  (my blog)

Re: SOLR-15056 change circuit breaker metric

Walter Underwood
OK, I’ll do it against master. We’d love to see it in an 8.x release, though.
This would protect against the major Solr outages we’ve had in the past
few years.

A question for someone who knows the Java metrics stuff better than I do:

Is it OK to use com.sun.management.OperatingSystemMXBean instead
of the java.lang.management version? getSystemCpuLoad() is only in the
former. The current code uses java.lang.management.OperatingSystemMXBean.