SOLR-218 problem

Max Hütter
Hi,

also it seems I am to late for Solr 1.3 I would like to fix the SOLR-218
issue.

As Hoss Man suggested, I added just a little code to the init method of
LuceneQParserPlugin to read properties from like allowLeadingWildcard.

But when testing I found that init is called to times in the code. The
NamedListPluginLoader calls
plugin.init( DOMUtil.childNodesToNamedList(node) );

Which sets any properties correctly.

But SolrCore also calls

plugin.init(null); (Line 1345)

If its null all the properties should not be altered, but the second
call with null will just remove the previous settings.

What is the reason for the second init in SolrCore?

Best regards,

Max

--
Maximilian Hütter
blue elephant systems GmbH

Tel            :  (+49) 0711 - 45 10 17 578
Fax            :  (+49) 0711 - 45 10 17 573
e-mail         :  [hidden email]
Sitz           :  Stuttgart, Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 24106
Geschäftsführer:  Joachim Hörnle, Thomas Gentsch, Holger Dietrich

Re: SOLR-218 problem

hossman

: But when testing I found that init is called to times in the code. The

I think this is a bug (opened SOLR-749) ... the problem seems to be that
the "standard" QParsers (and ValueSourceParsers) are initialized and
registered after any custom ones, even if a custom ones uses a standard
name.

-Hoss