SSH prompting for the password

Suresh Setty
Hi All,
I'm a new bee to this Nutch and Hadoop environment.
I'm trying to setup the Hadoop file System on my machine. For that I've a master box as well as a slave box.

I'm following the steps which are mentioned there on http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchHadoopTutorial, to setup the password-less SSH's.

After completing the setup, it is still prompting for the password.

Can anyone say, where the problem can be?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Suresh Setty.

Re: SSH prompting for the password

Michael Wechner
Suresh Setty wrote:

>Hi All,
>I'm a new bee to this Nutch and Hadoop environment.
>I'm trying to setup the Hadoop file System on my machine. For that I've a
>master box as well as a slave box.
>
>I'm following the steps which are mentioned there on
>http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchHadoopTutorial, to setup the password-less
>SSH's.
>
>After completing the setup, it is still prompting for the password.

have you copied the SSH keys?

HTH

Michi

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
+41 44 272 91 61

Re: SSH prompting for the password

Suresh Setty
Ya, I copied the public_key file from Master to slave box (as authorized_keys).

Michael Wechner wrote

michael.wechner@wyona.com, michi@apache.org
+41 44 272 91 61

Suresh Setty wrote:

>Ya, I copied the public_key file from Master to slave box (as
>authorized_keys).

so, if you login via the command line from master to slave, do you also
need to specifiy the password?

If so, then something went wrong re your authorized_keys and I would
guess it has nothing to do with Nutch itself

HTH

Michi

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
http://www.wyona.com
[hidden email], [hidden email]
+41 44 272 91 61

Re: SSH prompting for the password

misc

Hello-

    Have you made the necessary modifications to the ssh config file?

                        see you
                            -Jim

>>Ya, I copied the public_key file from Master to slave box (as
>>authorized_keys).
>>

> so, if you login via the command line from master to slave, do you also
> need to specifiy the password?
>
> If so, then something went wrong re your authorized_keys and I would guess
> it has nothing to do with Nutch itself
>
> HTH
>
> Michi
>

>>Michael Wechner wrote:

>>password-less

>>>have you copied the SSH keys?
>>>
>>>HTH
>>>
>>>Michi

>>>--
>>>Michael Wechner
>>>Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
>>>http://www.wyona.com
>>>[hidden email], [hidden email]
>>>+41 44 272 91 61
>>>

> --
> Michael Wechner
> Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
> http://www.wyona.com
> [hidden email], [hidden email]
> +41 44 272 91 61

RE: SSH prompting for the password

balachanthar
Dear Suresh,

Please try the step carefully because it works. If still does not works
explain the scenario with more details.

Thank you
bala

Re: SSH prompting for the password

Suresh Setty
I made these modifications....

1. in /etc/ssh/sshd_config
    RSAAuthentication yes
    PubkeyAuthentication yes

2. in /etc/ssh/ssh_config
    Host copycat //This is my remote machine's name
    Port 22
    IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_dsa

Any other changes are needed?

misc wrote
Hello-

    Have you made the necessary modifications to the ssh config file?

                        see you
                            -Jim

>>Ya, I copied the public_key file from Master to slave box (as
>>authorized_keys).
>>

> so, if you login via the command line from master to slave, do you also
> need to specifiy the password?
>
> If so, then something went wrong re your authorized_keys and I would guess
> it has nothing to do with Nutch itself
>
> HTH
>
> Michi
>

>>Michael Wechner wrote:

>>password-less

>>>have you copied the SSH keys?
>>>
>>>HTH
>>>
>>>Michi

>>>--
>>>Michael Wechner
>>>Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
>>>http://www.wyona.com
>>>michael.wechner@wyona.com, michi@apache.org
>>>+41 44 272 91 61
>>>

> --
> Michael Wechner
> Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
> http://www.wyona.com
> michael.wechner@wyona.com, michi@apache.org
> +41 44 272 91 61

Re: SSH prompting for the password

Suresh Setty
Its just an Permission problem on the ~/.ssh folder.
When I changed the access from 775 to 700, it started working

Thanks for your time.
Regards,
Suresh Setty.
Suresh Setty wrote