Same origin policy for Apache Solr 5.5

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Same origin policy for Apache Solr 5.5

Aditya Desai
Hello SOLR Experts

I am interested to know if SOLR 5.5 supports Same Origin Policy. I am
trying to read the data from http://localhost:8984/Solr_1/my/directory1 and
display it on UI on http://localhost:8983/Solr_2/my/directory2.

http://localhost:8983 has Solr 4.10 running and http://localhost:8984 has
Solr 5.5 running.I am using Javascript to make XMLHTTP request, but it is
failing with NS_ERROR. So I doubt SOLR supports same origin policy.

Is this possible? Any suggestion on how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

--
Aditya Ramachandra Desai
MS Computer Science Graduate Student
USC Viterbi School of Engineering
Los Angeles, CA 90007
M : +1-415-463-9864 | L : https://www.linkedin.com/in/adityardesai
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Same origin policy for Apache Solr 5.5

Malcolm Upayavira Holmes
Why would you want to do this?

On Sun, 3 Apr 2016, at 04:15 AM, Aditya Desai wrote:

> Hello SOLR Experts
>
> I am interested to know if SOLR 5.5 supports Same Origin Policy. I am
> trying to read the data from http://localhost:8984/Solr_1/my/directory1
> and
> display it on UI on http://localhost:8983/Solr_2/my/directory2.
>
> http://localhost:8983 has Solr 4.10 running and http://localhost:8984 has
> Solr 5.5 running.I am using Javascript to make XMLHTTP request, but it is
> failing with NS_ERROR. So I doubt SOLR supports same origin policy.
>
> Is this possible? Any suggestion on how to achieve this?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Aditya Ramachandra Desai
> MS Computer Science Graduate Student
> USC Viterbi School of Engineering
> Los Angeles, CA 90007
> M : +1-415-463-9864 | L : https://www.linkedin.com/in/adityardesai
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Same origin policy for Apache Solr 5.5

Aditya Desai
Hello Upayavira

I am trying to build an application to get the data from independent stand
alone SOLR4.10 and then parse that data on global map. So effectively there
are
two SOLRs, one is independent(4.10) and the other one is having Map
APIs(SOLR 5.10 here). I want to give customers the my entire SOLR5.5
package and they
just need to put the collections present in any SOLR(here SOLR 4.10). Does
this help?

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Upayavira <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why would you want to do this?
>
> On Sun, 3 Apr 2016, at 04:15 AM, Aditya Desai wrote:
> > Hello SOLR Experts
> >
> > I am interested to know if SOLR 5.5 supports Same Origin Policy. I am
> > trying to read the data from
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__localhost-3A8984_Solr-5F1_my_directory1&d=CwICAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=aLfk1zsmx4LG4nTElFRiaw&m=YI-5lkYG_20oFkV3OYnMntLrJtskVjWY2d7zJBcsfpo&s=OZNbFMIY0w8PkqNE-rdtJ1_HXYKHVV14O9xOQHeLaTg&e=
> > and
> > display it on UI on
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__localhost-3A8983_Solr-5F2_my_directory2&d=CwICAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=aLfk1zsmx4LG4nTElFRiaw&m=YI-5lkYG_20oFkV3OYnMntLrJtskVjWY2d7zJBcsfpo&s=jbb1jIDNQ5S-5WilIQjNWPWj6odAi1Dw76aUZEeEsR8&e=
> .
> >
> >
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__localhost-3A8983&d=CwICAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=aLfk1zsmx4LG4nTElFRiaw&m=YI-5lkYG_20oFkV3OYnMntLrJtskVjWY2d7zJBcsfpo&s=Qw1EoPcAPdhlW4lJ7QH1P2CcL--41WTsAPqBaGuqzmQ&e=
> has Solr 4.10 running and
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__localhost-3A8984&d=CwICAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=aLfk1zsmx4LG4nTElFRiaw&m=YI-5lkYG_20oFkV3OYnMntLrJtskVjWY2d7zJBcsfpo&s=VOLsCmWLyGadKpEldVW2r4VDXnfaJsYQGvUZlXAwPF8&e=
> has
> > Solr 5.5 running.I am using Javascript to make XMLHTTP request, but it is
> > failing with NS_ERROR. So I doubt SOLR supports same origin policy.
> >
> > Is this possible? Any suggestion on how to achieve this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > --
> > Aditya Ramachandra Desai
> > MS Computer Science Graduate Student
> > USC Viterbi School of Engineering
> > Los Angeles, CA 90007
> > M : +1-415-463-9864 | L :
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.linkedin.com_in_adityardesai&d=CwICAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=aLfk1zsmx4LG4nTElFRiaw&m=YI-5lkYG_20oFkV3OYnMntLrJtskVjWY2d7zJBcsfpo&s=ZYioUPYMkaBFyqZkefbXTCv8WpOtY-i-yf63sTnQMsg&e=
>



--
Aditya Ramachandra Desai
MS Computer Science Graduate Student
USC Viterbi School of Engineering
Los Angeles, CA 90007
M : +1-415-463-9864 | L : https://www.linkedin.com/in/adityardesai