Scores with Solr Suggester

christinebuckler

Is it possible to return a score field for Suggester results like it does with standard search? I am looking for the score which quantifies how close of a match between type entered and suggestion result (not the weight associated with the suggestion). Is this possible?

Christine Buckler

christinebuckler

206.295.6772

Re: Scores with Solr Suggester

Christian Ortner
Hi Christine,

suggesters work differently than regular search as they complete an input
query, usually based on a state machine built from a dictionary. If you
want the similarity of input and suggestion, you can create a search
component to compute it yourself and set the value in the payload field. If
suggestions should be returned in a re-ordered way already, it would have
to be done in such a search component as well.

Cheers,
Chris

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 8:31 PM, Buckler, Christine <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is it possible to return a score field for Suggester results like it does
> with standard search? I am looking for the score which quantifies how close
> of a match between type entered and suggestion result (not the weight
> associated with the suggestion). Is this possible?
>

> Christine Buckler
>
> [image: id:image001.png@01D3F81F.AF489300]christinebuckler
>
> [image: id:image002.png@01D3F81F.AF489300]206.295.6772

Re: Scores with Solr Suggester

Alessandro Benedetti
Hi Christine,
it depends on the suggester implementation, the one that got closer in
having a score implementation is the BlendedInfix[1] but it is still in the
TO DO phase.
Feel free to contribute it if you like !

[1]
https://sease.io/2018/06/apache-lucene-blendedinfixsuggester-how-it-works-bugs-and-improvements.html

-----
Alessandro Benedetti