Scoring problem with MultiPhraseQuery?

Mike Cawson
I'm using MultiPhraseQuery to implement a fuzzy phrase query.

E.g. user enters "blue lorry" and I expand 'blue' to 'turquoise', and 'glue' and

'lorry' to 'truck', 'van', 'lory' and 'lorrie'. I can then construct a
MultiPhraseQuery with those lists of terms.

The search works correctly but the score is always the total number of terms (N)

that I put into the MultiPhraseQuery (N=8 in this example)!

I've tried using a boost of 1/N but the boost appears to be ignored.

I can't think of a reason why this should be intentional beheviour so I assume
there's a bug.

I'm using Lucene 3.0.

Thanks,
Mike Cawson

Re: Scoring problem with MultiPhraseQuery?

Ian Lea
More likely to be a bug in your code rather than in lucene.  I suggest
you post the smallest possible self-contained program or test case
that demonstrates the problem.

--
Ian.