Searchable mailing lists on nutch.org?

Andy Liu-3
We're getting a lot of repeat questions in the mailing lists these
days.  I think it's partly because people don't know of a way to
search the archives.  The Mail Archive provides this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/index.php?hunt=nutch

Whoever maintains the
http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/mailing_lists.html page, maybe post the
mail archive link?

Re: Searchable mailing lists on nutch.org?

Jérôme Charron
> We're getting a lot of repeat questions in the mailing lists these
> days. I think it's partly because people don't know of a way to
> search the archives. The Mail Archive provides this:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/index.php?hunt=nutch

You are right Andy.
But personally, I always find irritating to have to seek information in a
mail archive.
If the people who put questions on the list could make a summary of the
Everybody on the lists: Thanks in advance... ;-)

Regards

Jerome

http://motrech.free.fr/
http://frutch.free.fr/

Re: Searchable mailing lists on nutch.org?

Will2

Re: Searchable mailing lists on nutch.org?

Doug Cutting-2
Andy Liu wrote:
> We're getting a lot of repeat questions in the mailing lists these
> days.  I think it's partly because people don't know of a way to
> search the archives.  The Mail Archive provides this:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/index.php?hunt=nutch
>
> Whoever maintains the
> http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/mailing_lists.html page, maybe post the
> mail archive link?

Andy,

An "Archives" section on this page would indeed be useful.  Please feel
free to submit one as a patch to the source file:

   src/site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/mailing_lists.xml

Thanks,

Doug